Thread: Which Pants?

Default Which Pants?

I have a pair of cabelas waterfowl pants (nylon exterior with gore Tex lining) and also a pair of Duluth trading company black hills pants (nylon water resistant)?

I plan on hunting late October and will be using a thermal layer as well.

Iím just curious if there is a pro/con with the Gore Tex pants? Anyone use gore Tex pants for late October in MT?

Not sure what your hunting, but I’d check for the noise factor.
    What doesn't kill you, hunts like hell.

3. Default

If your worried about keeping warm Sitka timberlines are the best I've found.

I'd lean towards what will make less noise.... I'm a big fan of duluth trading so id lean that way. You could just bring both
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

Thanks for the input.

It will be a rifle elk hunt.

Both are pretty quick. The Black Hills pants from Duluth Trading are great and are more comfortable so that is probably be what I use.

I'd also suggest the Duluth pants and take the others in case of wet weather. Unless it's very cold, I'd be a sweat soaked mess trying to hike around in waterproof britches.

Kuiu guide pants!! Nice and warm. But have side zip vents you can open when moving to dump heat/moisture. The fabric on the outside sheds snow so good you don't need gaiters. Spendy---yes but worth it

Well, I’ll go with the Duluth pants and bring the others just in case.

Thank you for the help.