MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Leupold 10-20x40 spotter

TheSurveyor

I've been eyeing the razor 11-33 for about a yr hoping for a sale buy it seems the vortex 20-60x is all that ever goes on sale... Cabelas has a leupold 10-20x40 on sale for $400 but I'm not sure if 20x will be enough. I don't want a big 20-60 because I know it will get left in the truck. Cabelas doesn't have it in store so my only option it to order and test it out I guess. Anyone have this model? Thoughts? Comment? I do all my glassing with 8x binos and I miss game so I'm looking for more power but not counting points power.

I have the 15-30x50mm Leupold Gold Ring spotting scope and really like it a lot. If they don't have it in stock at Cabela's see if they might have it at one of their other stores and ship it over so that you can purchase it. That does not mean you have to buy it once it gets there. You are not obligated to and that way you would be able to take it outside the store and look through it and compare with other scopes.

If you do look at them outside. Take a tripod or two with you or have the store put the scopes on tripods so you don't try looking through them without them being steady and trying to see which one works best for your eyes.

I used my new Leupold last year elk, deer, and antelope hunting and was very happy with how it worked.

I saw a 15-30x50mm gold ring spotter on rockslide the other day for around $400, might be worth taking a look at

I have this one as well, it's a great lightweight scope. I find the brim of my hat tends to hit the top of the scope when I'm glassing though due to the shape of the scope body, which is slightly annoying.

Well I ended up with the GR 15-30. After getting home and glassing across the valley I'm glad I didn't go down to the 10-20. Time will tell but I think I found the middle ground I was looking for.

Back