Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nosler M48 Liberty

HighDesertSage

I'm thinking about upgrading my .270 win to a Nosler M48 Liberty. Curious if anyone has any experience, good or bad, with them. Quality, worth the cost, anything you'd share.

Thanks

It seamed heavy when I checked one out at Cabela’s. But I’m used to a Kimber Montana. I haven’t shot one but I have heard they are accurate.

I just bought one in .308 about two weeks ago when Nosler had a sale. I had it for one night, and it would not feed dummy rounds or Nosler 165 Grain AB factory loads. The rounds would either 1) get stuck in mag box as if box was too wide, 2) round would not present enough rim for bolt to grip, bolt would override and not feed, or 3) bullet tip would hit rim of chamber. To say I am disappointed would be an understatement! I called Nosler, the tech thought it might have a short-mag mag box and follower installed by mistake. I shipped it out next day and it should arrive back at Nosler this Wednesday. I am hopeful that given Nosler's reputation they will make good on their commitment to make it right. I am currently lying awake at night thinking that a UPS worker is using the shipping box as a trampoline.

The rifle handled well and appeared well put together otherwise. Bell and Carlson chassis stock, 24 inch stainless pac-nor barrel, Rifle Basix trigger with two position non-bolt locking safety. Black cerakote finish. I just hope Nosler gets it right this time.

I Have Nosler Custom M48 in .30 Nosler. Here is what I can tell you about my experience.

BAD: My rifle took 10 months to build.
GOOD: The reason it took so long besides they were backed up, was that it did not pass accuracy test and they put new barrel on, retested and shipped. I appreciate they will not let something go out of factory not passing their standards. However I asked them sight on gun before shipping. It was not and it was a crap show. After wasting a box of ammo, I took gun to Leuopold who put it on paper ( CDS dials were never set right). Nosler sent me a couple boxes of ammo and within 5 shots had just over 1/2 group.
BAD: they had a paint problem ( Outside vendor) who painted my Kevlar stock. After hunting for a week it showed some wear signs.
GOOD: Sent rife back and they are repainting stock ( New paint vendor). No questions asked, no hassle and easy shipping method with them.

Overall: I would not hesitate to buy a rifle again from them. They have never questioned the warranty process and have made good on everything. the paint was not really their problem. Rifle shoots like a dream. Almost anything you buy a car, an appliance, a gun can have an issue. It's how the issue is resolved matters to me.

Good feedback. Thanks. You guys that are having to use their warranty service, are they making you pay the shipping one way, or do they just take care of it?

It's good to hear that they have a good warranty, but it is disappointing that you have to use it at that price point.

I just got an M48 Long Range Carbon in 28 Nosler. Looks and feels how I had hoped it would. Can't wait to break it in.

In regard to who pays for warranty shipping, Nosler has provided a pre-paid label back to factory and no doubt will pay the return as well.

Yes. Nosler sent a prepaid box and they paid shipping both ways. My warranty stuff I truly feel was an outside vendor and some mis-communication on my CDS dials on their end.

Best cycling blot/trigger I have ever had. And like I said it shoots lights out. Better than I can shoot. Like I said , I would buy one again without thinking twice. ( maybe not custom but a Liberty or another model.

I'm thinking about upgrading my .270 win to a Nosler M48 Liberty. Curious if anyone has any experience, good or bad, with them. Quality, worth the cost, anything you'd share.

Thanks
Did you end up buying the liberty? I love mine!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back