montana preference point question

/\/\/\/\/\ See my theory has been proven total confusion. And myself and several of these folks have applied for up to 18 years. You need a law degree to decipher this chit anymore as a non resident.

My understanding was that you could get 1 pp per year, although the "year" basically went from post-draw to the next application deadline. In other words, I bought a point last fall, so I thought the point you could opt for at application time was the same point I already bought - I couldn't buy another until after the draw.

Apparently this is not the case.

So it 10,500 guys apply for 10,000 tags and 8,000 guys with pref points apply there's 500 guys with no points that get a tag over a guy with the point ? God for dumb

Because you got a tag last year does not mean 100% of preference point holders drew. What happened was that 75% of the tags were setup so preference points held weight, whereas 25% of the tags preference points made no difference at all. So yes, a guy without a point could get a tag before a guy with a point in the 25% of tags that preference points don't mean a thing.

So , did anyone ever find out for sure about pref point if you bought one last summer , and bought another now at the time of application , do you get 2 points towards this years draw ? You are allowed to buy 1 per year , either at draw of in July-September . So I would assume both would go towards this years draw but anyone know for sure ? Just wanna now if I can plan on drawing . I bought one last summer and another at application time right now .

So , did anyone ever find out for sure about pref point if you bought one last summer , and bought another now at the time of application , do you get 2 points towards this years draw ? You are allowed to buy 1 per year , either at draw of in July-September . So I would assume both would go towards this years draw but anyone know for sure ? Just wanna now if I can plan on drawing . I bought one last summer and another at application time right now .[/QUOTE

i confirmed it yesterday with them, if you bought one last summer and one in this draw, you have 2 going into the draw. $100 more spent for a $625 tag. i bought a point last summer and my buddy was going to get one during this draw so as a party, we would average 1 pp, which should have put us in good shape. well, leave it up to me to miss fine print. i applied first to get the party # set up. i chose not to get another pp. so, when my buddy applies he tries to get a point for the group and it wouldn't let him. after setting on hold for an hour the FWP confirmed that as a party, everyone one must put in the same way. so i should have spent another $50 on a point. all said and done, we are now setting pretty much in no-mans-land with 0.5pp for our party. i have a feeling there will be a lot of party averages of 1.5-2pp this year. would have been better off to probably have not had a point all together. stupid arse money grab if you ask me, but then again those are the rules we have to play by. I'm going to start looking hard at other states. i love hunting montana, but it is the longest of drives to the western states for me and costs way more to hunt than states much closer. good luck to all in the draw.

Ok and good luck . You'll still probably draw . Maybe won't be a huge demand this year hard to say

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zjzeuske
Back