PEAX Equipment

Snow and March Warm Up

joelweb

I see that the HiLine is still plenty cold, but the rest of the state appears to have warmed up and it is expected to remain that way for a while. Many areas of the state are hitting the 40s during the day. This might be just the break that the deer need.

Is the snow opening up in Regions 4 and 7? It's peeling back fast at low elevations in Region 2.

South facing slopes have started to bare off but most everything else still has at least a foot of hard snow. Deer are looking thin and I have found a few dead ones even with the very minimal amount of time I have spent off the road. I am glad to see the warm up but I fear it is too late for many of the deer.

My uncle and cousin farm near Terry they have 50 to 60 deer at the silage pile every day. Last I talked to him they had 8 or more inches on the ground

The warm is helping and south slopes and windblown ridges are baring.

That said, I saw somebody cross country skiing in the Billings Rims last night, and its supposed to snow today.

Close to white out conditions right now on the southwest end of the Custer right now. Would be real nice if we did not get the additional 6 to 8 inches in the forecast.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back