Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anyone with a flatbed??

Bahrtrap

I'm selling my f350 farm/work truck with a flatbed and my f150 with a topper that I pull a trailer to Colorado for elk hunting. I'm going to replace both with a f250 with a flatbed. Does anyone have ideas of how to secure stuff on a flatbed and keep it dry? And I'm not running a tarp from WI to CO.

I've used totes then put them inside contractor black trash bags and used zip ties on the bags. Then use a set of side cutters to cut the zip ties when you get there. Use new zip ties for the return trip. Use straps to secure everything.

Do buy your seed in boxes for the farm? Maybe convince your dealer to let you keep a couple through the fall? They are pretty water tight, but I would shrink wrap the lid. C60ACF41-BB82-4F44-9394-49F340847D20.jpeg

Perhaps rent SUV for the hunt. I have done this, not by choice, once when my fully-loaded SUV decided to die about 30 miles into a 800 mile drive to a multi-day hunt covering two tags in two states. Cost me about 6 hours of delay rather than no less than 48 hours of delay and the hit was about $1400 for the rental but I arrived for start of hunt. The rented SUV got better gas mileage, was more comfortable to drive and had a great stereo system including sat radio. I got lemons, made expensive lemonade.

Can you mount a couple of those truck bed tool boxes on the flatbed, either job box like stated above or a couple of the ones that usually go across the bed rails?
Might find one or two at a pawn shop or borrow.
If you're coming through Laramie, want to trade some Wyo honey for a jug of WI honey? I have some Platte Valley honey out of Saratoga.
Could you build a wooden box for your trailer, we see lots of different home made boxes and campers on trailers ?

Diamond plate truck tool boxes work great for us. Weather Guard and Better Built. There's always one or two on Craigslist for $50 or so around here.

WYTEX, I'll be looking forward to trading this fall. Great excuse for a pit stop. If I can get a kitchen pass from my wife, I'll be out for Co archery, otherwise first season rifle.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back