Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana Resident Sportsman's Combo With Bear/Without Bear

Gerald Martin

So with all my sarcasm and tongue in cheek posting about the MT Deer and Elk Drawings, I just had a eureka moment pointed out to me about the MT combination licenses. Last year the reduced price for youth 12-17 was eliminated. I think it was a half priced tag.

For the past two years, I've been buying Sportsman's with bear tags for my kids and paying the full price of $85 plus other prerequisites. I just had it pointed out to me that for residents 12-17 and older than 62, the Sportsman's without bear is offered for $35 and a bear tag is available a la carte for $19.

It won't change the financial landscape for the average family, but when you are buying 4-5 tags for adults and kids, the savings can be put towards other things like wolf tags, DQ Blizzards, man bun grooming or a skinny latte. Or, the savings from paying full price for two of your youth hunters could buy the sportsman's without bear for your third.

Last year when I bought my license the gal said to do just what you said buy the senior sportsman's license w/o bear then buy the bear separately. Saved me some money.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back