Colorado pronghorn

PAGOAT

I was going through doing my applications and got to thinking about Colorado pronghorn. Is it a state worth applying for ? I think of pronghorn and send my money to Wyoming. How many people hunt Colorado and do you think it's worth it to add to the list ?

I started it this year. I don't expect to hunt it anytime soon, but it's $3 extra to the applications I'm already putting in for in CO, so I didn't mind.

Colorado is funny when it comes to drawing for pronghorn. It takes way to many points to draw on a public land unit for a buck. I have a friend who is a farmer out there and he says the pronghorn are the worst animal thr is on his wheat crop. If you want to hunt in his unit on public land it was 13 preference points probably more now. If you put in for private land it is 2 preference points. That is how I got to hunt antelope in CO my friend allowed me to hunt on his land. No it wasn't a real easy hunt because we watched antelope on ground we couldn't hunt for days and some real good ones too. I shot my buck but it wasn't anything huge. The same day I dropped my buck one of the really good ones ventured over on our land and my buddy shot him. This is one case where you have a private land tag but can't hunt a buck your wanting because it is on public and your holding a private land only tag.

Back