Caribou Gear

Montana Deer and Elk Drawing Dilemma

GM you're not supposed to ask those questions unless it's your first post and immediatly after the introduction. I think that's how it goes anyway. You are 3000 and some change too late!

Last edited:
GM you're not supposed to ask those questions unless it's your first post and immediatly after the introduction. I think that's how it goes anyway. You are 3000 and some change too late!

Be sure to include "long time lurker"

Not if I'm hunting with a partner I can outrun. I just hope the bear doesn't get him until he helps me pack most of my elk meat out.

I was gonna ask if you wanted to pool resources and party apply, but after my Christmas lights ladder "incident" I'm afraid that I would be too good of a bear bait, and not good enough of a pack mule for you.

So I wish you well on your 350 quest. Keep us posted on how it goes. HuntTalk loves pics!

Hey Gerald. Where you at? Probly processing all the fantastic info huh? mtmuley

Sorry to not update sooner. I had so many hot tips it was hard to determine which one of the blue chip units I wanted to apply for and which units I wanted to sell to a couple of application services. Don't worry, I passed on 10% of the sales to the person that gave me the tip. I'm not greedy.

Last edited:
I hear there's a grey-haired guy who hangs around the DQ in Bozeman quite a bit, I bet if you hang out there and eavesdrop when he shows up you'll get the inside scoop on where to apply. He drives a Pilot or a Titan, ice cream dribbles down the front of his Sitka shirt...should be easy to spot.

This is just fantastic. Gerald, I think where you went wrong was asking for units for taking a 350" bull. If you would have started by saying you're looking for a trophy class 380-400" bull, guys are more likely to give up those lesser quality units where they only get up to 350".

I'll remember this for next year. I like to take baby steps. I'll settle for a 350" this year and try to work my way up. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back