Over 100,000 comments go missing on Sage Grouse plan rewrite

I'm not a "westerner" and I'd like my voice heard. Heck, I might even have a good point or two to make regarding sage grouse management...

You're a westerner in that you're west of D.C. ;)

And yep, your voice should be heard.

I'm pretty positive your first use of westerner did not mean west of DC...

It didn't. It's a nod to the fact that people who consistently claim to want local control of issues related to land management are consistenly ignoring those voices when they carry a message counter to the preferred action.

That doesn't mean everyone's voice shouldn't be counted. it means people understand that the clarion call for local control is only a call for control. Meanwhile, ACTUAL local control - the countless man-hours that went in to crafting the state and BLM plans - is tossed aside when one industry takes control of congress & the White House. In Wyoming, Ranching, O&G, sportsmen, scientists & conservation groups are calling for no changes. In MT it's Ag, sportsmen & conservation. In CO it's sportsmen, scientists, Ag, some county commissions and conservation calling for no changes. In all three states, those Governors are doing the same. Same as OR, NV & WA. Between OR, MT and WY, those plans alone account for over 65% of all GSG populations.

Zinke could still pull a win out of this by actually listening to westerners and western Governors who have some valid arguments for change, and for leaving the plans stand largely as is. What the final outcome is remains to be seen.

Nice ad by the NWF....shows a fella that looks like a cowboy wearing a NWF STAFF jacket, with 2 kids..looks like they were packing .22 cal. rifles...what were they supposed to be hunting in December anyway?

Nice ad by the NWF....shows a fella that looks like a cowboy wearing a NWF STAFF jacket, with 2 kids..looks like they were packing .22 cal. rifles...what were they supposed to be hunting in December anyway?

Lets see if we can solve the riddle...2 kids, .22 rifles, December...real tough one there, but I'll go out on the ragged edge and say cottontail rabbits. Its quite common in Wyoming in particular with the high populations of rabbits we've had the last several years.

Walt has 40 years experience working in Wyoming on wildlife & conservation issues from his time at WGFD to his work with sportsmen's organizations over the last 10 years, comes from a homesteading family that ran sheep on the southern edge of the Winds (family still owns the summer place) and he's got more street cred on this issue than most. He's the real deal.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back