Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

They paid for the door with money he saved by riding that horse to work.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rtraverdavis View Post
    The image they released of the door in question:

Attachment 80888

Totally worth the $.
    I think it's time for another armed stand-off at a federal facility. We could sell that door on ebay and have enough money to buy out of state elk tags for everyone who participates in the "Freedom Rally".

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Martin View Post
    I think it's time for another armed stand-off at a federal facility. We could sell that door on ebay and have enough money to buy out of state elk tags for everyone who participates in the "Freedom Rally".
    They would have to wear lib "lips" to the protest/rally... very, partisan like.
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

I'm making green chili and rice for dinner
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

CWEH...Colorado's Worst Elk Hunter 2007-2017 (but I'm still damned sexy) 10 years of consistency!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCushman View Post
    I'm making green chili and rice for dinner
    Bring some chorizo for breakfast. This door could take a while to move and the standoff could last for a couple days. I'll have my wife make a lasagna and JR and Schaaf can bring club sandwiches.

If its something you don't like lets just change the topic to dinner... I thought folks on hunt talk were advocates of public lands?

http://missoulian.com/opinion/column...56cb04c08.html

Moose tacos last night....
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

CWEH...Colorado's Worst Elk Hunter 2007-2017 (but I'm still damned sexy) 10 years of consistency!!

Moose tacos last night....
    And the Hunt Talk troll of the year goes to....

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRevere View Post
    If its something you don't like lets just change the topic to dinner... I thought folks on hunt talk were advocates of public lands?

It is getting old. Was kind of funny the first time or two.

You've been here a couple months and want to talk shit about me? Nice try, newb.....
    Last edited by JohnCushman; 03-12-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Elk View Post
    It is getting old. Was kind of funny the first time or two.
    Dinner posts are about as useful to public lands advocacy as this post about a damned door....

Mark! Or Mfb99 if you need his user name because you've been here for a couple months and know everything about the forum. Just saying....

Count down to lock 10, 9
    Last edited by Addicting; 03-12-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Dinner posts are about as useful to public lands advocacy as this post about a damned door....
    I disagree. The other threads you guys made the dinner posts on, the original poster was trolling. I didn't get the feeling this original poster was trolling.

George O is a partisan hard left kook. I take his opinions with a grain of salt. Elk roast for dinner tonight.
    Wood is Good treefarmsystem.org

Not a fan of Oshenski either, but there's a lot of truth in his column. I think the door issue is not worth the attack, since it seems to be a holdover from Jewell's time, and it should be recongized that the Interior building has a lot of historically important woodwork in it (which Zinke has messed up because he wanted a bison hung in his office), but his mixing of political fundraisers and events with official business and his lavish spending elsewhere are certainly worth noting, especially from an administration that vowed to stop this kind of thing.

Pork Chops & I don't know what for dinner.
    get over it commies..
    JWP58

Hacks gonna hack...just as the previous admin's line toe'rs did. "If you want to influence policy, win an election"...Obama with a smug visage icon here.

The topic of this thread is to discuss the price of government project to fix/replace a door. It's clearly labeled as such and yet you come on here, insult a person by calling them a "newb" which is a common insult used by teenagers and then proceed to make your point of how this topic which, YOU DON'T HAVE TO COMMENT in, isn't up to your standards and you are flooding it with what you ate for dinner? You need to seriously grow the F up!

Quote Originally Posted by Addicting View Post
    Mark! Or Mfb99 if you need his user name because you've been here for a couple months and know everything about the forum. Just saying....

Count down to lock 10, 9
    8, 7, 6, ....
    Elitist Hunter

"Never let schooling [work] get in the way of your education" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by fwagner View Post
    The topic of this thread is to discuss the price of government project to fix/replace a door. It's clearly labeled as such and yet you come on here, insult a person by calling them a "newb" which is a common insult used by teenagers and then proceed to make your point of how this topic which, YOU DON'T HAVE TO COMMENT in, isn't up to your standards and you are flooding it with what you ate for dinner? You need to seriously grow the F up!
    Homemade crab mac n cheese tonight....

You guys aren't worth Randy getting pissed at me...
    Last edited by JohnCushman; 03-12-2018 at 06:10 PM.

The Huffpo piece was designed to fire up stupid people who can't think for themselves. Apparently it's working.
    Wood is Good treefarmsystem.org

Quote Originally Posted by BigHornRam View Post
    The Huffpo piece was designed to fire up stupid people who can't think for themselves. Apparently it's working.
    This though remove, "apparently".
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by noharleyyet View Post
    Hacks gonna hack...just as the previous admin's line toe'rs did. "If you want to influence policy, win an election"...Obama with a smug visage icon here.
    Extreme koolAid...

To Me the article was misleading, it first made it sound like ALL the doors were being replaced. then later on in the article it sounded as if it was all spent on one door... this is why I follow the old saying:
    "Believe half of what you read and even less of what you hear"
    Aim Small, Miss Small

It's gonna be a long off-season.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast