Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Interior Department Spent $138,670 On A Door For Zinke's Office

I read the title of thread. OMG OMG an office door cost lots of money!!!!!!:mad:
I read the article. Yea, Washington over spends but the click bait header is a little much, not to mention people bitching about stuffed, dead animals.
Whether you like Zinke or not this seems to be crying wolf on a spending decision he had little or nothing to do with.

Bah! Party pooper!

BTW, Watch out NHY leans heavy lib...

What never ceases to amaze me is the propensity of critics of any administration/individual to look for any opportunity to shed a negative slant on that person regardless of context. To me, I look at the people who are trying to tie the seeming extravagance of a remodel that would have taken place whether the Interior Secretary was a Trump appointee or a Clinton appointee to other areas of dissatisfaction hoping to convince others to be outraged, as petty. It undermines more serious concerns and causes the ones who aren't enraged that Zinke's farts stink and he should be driven out of town on a rail if not actually drawn and quartered, to dismiss serious concerns because the people bringing them wouldn't be satisfied with anything.

I hope my life never becomes so meaningless that I have to manufacture things to fake outrage over.

You've been to Oprah's too? ;)

He puts on airs like he's all conservative and stuff, but down deep, he wants some comfort food, a new car and a one world government hell bent on creating a nanny-state across the globe.

And that's a scientific fact.

I think it's time for another armed stand-off at a federal facility. We could sell that door on ebay and have enough money to buy out of state elk tags for everyone who participates in the "Freedom Rally".

They would have to wear lib "lips" to the protest/rally... very, partisan like.

I'm making green chili and rice for dinner

Bring some chorizo for breakfast. This door could take a while to move and the standoff could last for a couple days. I'll have my wife make a lasagna and JR and Schaaf can bring club sandwiches.

And the Hunt Talk troll of the year goes to....

Mark! Or Mfb99 if you need his user name because you've been here for a couple months and know everything about the forum. Just saying....

Count down to lock 10, 9

Last edited:
Dinner posts are about as useful to public lands advocacy as this post about a damned door....

I disagree. The other threads you guys made the dinner posts on, the original poster was trolling. I didn't get the feeling this original poster was trolling.

Not a fan of Oshenski either, but there's a lot of truth in his column. I think the door issue is not worth the attack, since it seems to be a holdover from Jewell's time, and it should be recongized that the Interior building has a lot of historically important woodwork in it (which Zinke has messed up because he wanted a bison hung in his office), but his mixing of political fundraisers and events with official business and his lavish spending elsewhere are certainly worth noting, especially from an administration that vowed to stop this kind of thing.

Pork Chops & I don't know what for dinner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back