Do you keep your boxes?

• Thread starter Guest member 25165
  • Start date
G

Guest member 25165

Just wondering if you guys keep your boxes the firearms came in. I've got boxes all over the house and they are starting to pile up. I usually keep the box until I have a sense that the gun functions properly, is accurate enough for my standards, etc. Do you keep yours or recycle it?

I don't. Sometimes I keep one on hand but I usually ship rifles in the hard plastic cases.

Not sure why, but I keep all my boxes, they are starting to pile up��

I used to keep them back when I moved a lot for work. I have since started purging them a few months after I get optics mounted thus rendering the box useless. I feel that most boxes are insufficient for shipping so no use in keeping them.

I keep all of the boxes and inside dividers, tags, manuals and packaging. If you ever decide to consign one or trade in for something else to an FFL , it has made a difference.

I keep barcodes, pamphlets and paperwork all in one bag for each new gun. Then I toss the boxes after about a year.

I try to keep all paperwork and boxes and I know this is not the subject you are asking about but if anyone has one of the original plastic cases that came with some of the Remington 11-87 shotguns they would like to move I would be interested in buying, seems either mine wasn.t shipped with one or dealer kept this.

I haven't bought enough guns, or new enough ones to have boxes, to have any problems of keeping or not keeping boxes. I'm way ahead of the game... :D

I had a bunch, but when we moved 5 years ago, I ditched them. However, more recent purchases have seen the boxes piling up in the cellar now. I save scope boxes too. Not sure why as I seldom sell a scope. Right now I have 5 scopes in boxes; waiting for a rifle to wed them to I guess! :)

Nope. This reminds me, I probably need to purge my cardboard box supply from my move 2.5 years ago. I still have some unpacking to do...

Not sure why, but I keep all my boxes, they are starting to pile up��

Same. I've got all the boxes for every firearm ive bought new. Missing a few for the used ones that didn't come with one.

When my buddy buys a new gun, the box goes in the trash on the way home so the wife doesn't think he bought another new gun.

I used to be in to keeping boxes, but they started to pile up so I ended up getting rid of most. If I get a new gun, I tend to keep the box around for a year or two until I'm sure that I'm going to hold on to the gun. Same with scope boxes. I do hold on to them if it's a gun I see myself selling some day. I have the box for my Browning Gold shotgun that I've had for close to 10 years. I've just never been that impressed with the gun and I could see myself trading it in some day.

For whatever reason it is a plus if you're selling a used gun in the original box, especially if the gun is "like new". I do keep my pistol cases/boxes...they take up less room.

I have every box they are all suspended in the shed on cables I stretched across the shed. Too many to count! Makes a difference when you sell a rifle for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back