Hello from South Dakota

bmt99

Hello from Western SD! Joined relatively recently. Love fishing, hunting deer, pronghorns, turkeys, mountain lions, etc and of course upland birds having grown up here. Love taking people bird hunting and going out with my kids.

Started elk hunting 2 years ago near the Bob Marshall wilderness area (long hike and good tent) with my brother who is now in western Montana. Absolutely love it even if I am not good at it. Last year went to Colorado. Brother took a new job and don't have backcountry archery hunting companions for going that far west.

I enjoy browsing the forums and look forward to reading more. Figured it was time to chime in.

Welcome. I visit your state regularly to hunt. Plan on hunting there again in 2019.

Welcome, Never hunted SD but biggest elk I have seen so far was in Black Hills...beautiful county.

Arty, we have some elk that reach good size just not a ton and elk are resident only tags. My buddy harvested the biggest one I have seen personally in the hills here.
Redman, hunting birds or deer?

couple pictures below of birds with the pooch, my last muley and buddy's elk from SD

Attachments

• IMG_5494.jpg
    IMG_5494.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_9168.jpg
    IMG_9168.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_9169.jpg
    IMG_9169.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 107
Redman, hunting birds or deer?

Deer, birds, yotes, and pasture poodles in the West River area. I have enough points to draw again this year, but think I will wait until 2019.

That’s a great looking animal Redman! Was that public land? Looks like badlands. If you remember in a year plus and want someone to chase birds with you let me know

This is on land that a friend of mine owns. Unfortunately he is selling the ranch. Getting up there in age and his kids don't want anything to do with it. I will need to figure out some public land out there within the next 5 years. SD is a special place to me and will always have that and Badlands dirt/clay as a part of me. I know at least it will be on my gear or rifle checkering that stuff doesn't come off!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back