Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado Early Season Rifle Mule Deer Unit 471

curtiswayne101

Hey fellow public land owners. Looking to apply in this unit this year. Any prior experience or advice on this one? Thanks!!

Never been in it for the rifle hunt. Pretty small unit. Easy to hike around in. The road to the trail head was pretty bad. If you draw it I can tell you a few spots you might want to check out. I haven’t been there for a few years so it could be great now or it could be not so great now.

Good luck.

I've hunted 43 for archery, most basins will hold deer. You shouldn't have to much of a problem finding deer. But I would also say that for 90% of the units in Colorado also.

No prior experience hunting in this unit, but a friend just pointed out that this and unit 47 can be drawn with 0 points. I have always been focused on 3rd rifle, but am intrigued by the early season Wilderness hunts. I won't have the time to do it this year, but I may apply for one of those hunts next year.

Me and a buddy put in for early rifle in 47 this year.

I’m considering trying this hunt for muzzy elk and possibly a deer muzzy as well. I’ve done quite a bit of research and just wondering if anyone has any prior experience that they would be willing to share on the unit? It has low success for elk but so do most CO units. So IdK? Thanks!

No experience but will be interested to hear how it goes. Please post a story afterwards.

If you want to go on a back pack trip, go on a backpacking trip.

If you want to kill a big buck, hunt 3rd rifle. Just my $0.02.

Ultimately do what makes you happy. :)

Got my 1st elk in that unit, couple miles from the ski area. Also saw a pine marten on that trip. The closer you get to Aspen on the Richmond Hill road, the busier it gets w tourists. The wilderness basins next to unit 55 should be attractive to the bigger bucks. Good luck in that steep, high country.

Hey guys, any reports from this year's hunt? I'd like to do one these high elevation hunts and just want to get a feel for what this unit is like. Thanks!

I hunted this unit on an early rifle years ago. Would be happy to share what I know. Drop me a private message.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back