Klymit KSB Down Sleeping bag rec?

GAdrahthaar

Looking for affordable backpacking sleeping bag and the Klymit KSB 0 degree jumps out as the best value per my research, but there have been some reviews that complain of its propensity to stink. Can any owners of this bag speak to that issue? thanks

I have the KSB 20 Oversized because it was one of the only bags I could find that packed down small enough to be packable and could also fit my giant shoulders and 50" chest. There is a little bit of a plasticy smell out of the box but it's mostly gone after airing out. I've used it twice so far, both times with a fair bit of moisture involved, the first time due to sweating a ton in warmer conditions and the second in 25 degree weather with some pretty high humidity that condensed inside the tent and bag. Nothing odor wise after either that I wouldn't have expected given the situations. I keep it in the mesh storage bag sitting on a shelf in my spare bedroom so it's got plenty of ventilation and clean air.

Thanks CB. I'm 6'2" and a 48" chest. Are you glad you went with the oversize model?

I have a ksb 20 oversized. I'm 6'1" and have big shoulders. I originally bought a regular ksb 20 and spent 1 night in it not really sleeping because it was too tight. I exchanged it for a over size bag and have slept good, in it a couple of nights. As far as a smell it smells like down feathers. I store it in a mesh bag in a rubber made. I can smell it when I first open it but it airs out and is fine when sleeping in it.

I would defiantly get the oversized.

Thanks CB. I'm 6'2" and a 48" chest. Are you glad you went with the oversize model?

Definitely glad I went oversized. The elastic foot well is great too, you can really move around inside if you want and it doesn't feel constricting at all. I'm all over the place at night and had been considering a quilt but just couldn't commit to that idea. The oversized KSB is definitely a good option if you're a bigger guy.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back