Yeti GOBOX Collection

Arizona Points Question

AtenJones

So, I’m still trying to figure this whole western points game out, and I keep waffling on my decisions. I wasn’t convinced I wanted to drop $160/year on AZ Deer/Elk/Pronghorn points, so I didn’t apply during the elk draw. Now, I’m having second thoughts.

My question is, if I buy the AZ license later in the year, during the Mule Deer application period, will that same license last me long enough to apply for Elk/Antelope points next spring? Or, will I have to buy another license next year when 2019 points open up?

Want sure if it was a 365 Day license like Utah or not.

Thanks!

Yup AZ licenses are good for 365 days after you buy it but you will need a current license to hunt even with a valid tag. So you can use the license that you purchase for the 2018 deer draw for the 2019 elk draw but if you are successful you in the elk draw, you would have to buy another license before the 2019 hunt starts.

Yup AZ licenses are good for 365 days after you buy it but you will need a current license to hunt even with a valid tag. So you can use the license that you purchase for the 2018 deer draw for the 2019 elk draw but if you are successful you in the elk draw, you would have to buy another license before the 2019 hunt starts.

Exactly correct

Great, thanks for the info!

One more question and I assume I already know the answer to it. Is it possible to still buy an Elk point even if the drawing deadline has already passed? I know some states (Wyoming, Montana, Utah etc.) have that option, but I haven't seen it for AZ. Kicking myself for not buying it this year (or last year).

Thanks!

The only problem with the 365 license is that it must be still valid on the draw deadline date (unlike Utah).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back