Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is my dedicated. It's been in the family and working for over a century now. Is not at all unpleasant to shoot either.
    Next week, it will be on the job again.

On the shores of the Graveyard of the Atlantic

Name:  08FA0532-7901-40DC-92C0-A5E1B905E0ED.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  55.5 KB
    Yeah, which gauge? I am gonna try the 20 this year. Iíve never been into the optics on a turkey gun. To me, short barrel is nice. Thumbhole is too. Iíve never felt recoil when I shoot a turkey. But I am always mesmerized when they come in. As much as I like to shoot the 10 gauges, I hate to carry them!

Itís the most wonderful time of the year!

BrentD I would love to hear the stories that gun could tell. Can you show us your carry strap please?
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a new ending.

kansasdad, it CAN tell stories. My grandfather's brothers took it to Montana with them when they moved there right after WWI. It has several Montana hunting licenses starting in 1917 under the buttplate (and quite a few more from Kansas where I killed ducks with it as well as GA, AZ, IA). Before it was taken to MT, my grandfather shot pigeons and prairie chickens here in central Iowa with it. There are no prairie chickens here any more, but there are turkeys and it's a hell of good turkey gun. But, more importantly, it is still MAKING stories. I'm planning on a new story with it next week as a matter of fact.

That is my one of my most modern turkey guns however

The carry strap is one of those slip on leather carry straps for the shotgun. But when I get a bird, I noose up his legs and off we go.
    It is similar to this one, but I got it at a gun show in near new condition for about $15.
    http://www.levysleathers.com/hunting...hunting-sling/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123