Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

$1,149.84

that's alot of typing in this thread and it's not going too solve anything....... it is, the way it is..... until next season when the same thread
comes up again.... LOL
Matt
Yep. NRs are over a barrel as they have to play by rules set by folks whom don't have to listen to them and not be worried by being voted out by them. I can to that realization early on and just do what I can afford and move on. No amount of b!tching is going to change it. The draw odds that we lament being so long are the very reason why a boycott would not be possible way to affect change.

Did I do something wrong?
My total was ....

looks ok unless you put in for an archery only limited tag. would need to buy “bow and Arrow” for $10 with application to have a valud application.One would reasonably expect the online system to force you to buy that if a bow only hunt is selected but it never prompted me to.

somehow I picked up a conservation license as well but that had to be a mistake since ot was already part of big gams combo so mine totalled $1195.47

i find MT the most confusing of the applications....

"Archery licenses are no longer required prior to application for archery only districts" from page 13 of the 2018 regs, under 'what's new/highlights'. If you draw the archery only permit, you will need to purchase the archery permit prior to hunting.

looks ok unless you put in for an archery only limited tag. would need to buy “bow and Arrow” for $10 with application to have a valud application.One would reasonably expect the online system to force you to buy that if a bow only hunt is selected but it never prompted me to.

somehow I picked up a conservation license as well but that had to be a mistake since ot was already part of big gams combo so mine totalled $1195.47

i find MT the most confusing of the applications....

No .... no longer need To buy archery license prior to draw

"Archery licenses are no longer required prior to application for archery only districts" from page 13 of the 2018 regs, under 'what's new/highlights'. If you draw the archery only permit, you will need to purchase the archery permit prior to hunting.

Yes exactly . Thanks

Randy has some great points. We moved out here last year from New England, something I’ve been wanting to do for more than 10 years to live our dream. I took a 30% pay cut and my wife took a 50%, yes that’s right 5-0% paycut. But you know what? It’s worth every single penny to us to do what we love and for our mental health, the rat race was slowly killing us, just like it is for millions others. It all comes down to choices....

I moved to MT for the recreation opportunities. Career wise I took a significant hit and I live in one of the higher income areas.
With that said I hunted MT as a NR off and on since 1991. Its all a matter of priorities. If $1400 is bankrupting you perhaps you should work on getting a better job? In fact I would be fine with double the costs of license for both R and NR. Its really cheap all things considered.

I moved to MT for the recreation opportunities. Career wise I took a significant hit and I live in one of the higher income areas.
With that said I hunted MT as a NR off and on since 1991. Its all a matter of priorities. If $1400 is bankrupting you perhaps you should work on getting a better job? In fact I would be fine with double the costs of license for both R and NR. Its really cheap all things considered.

Double cost for a resident still means your tags cost nothing . Double for me as a NR would be $2300 . I make a good living , own land , have little to no debt , and $1,150 to me is a lot for a hunting license . Easy to say when resident price is nothing

Wow, either my ears are ringing, or I can hear a high pitched whine coming all the way from ND.

Maybe it's the echo from this bs you montana guys are singing about oh "we pay the price living here " what a crock of shit . Everyone makes sacrifices to live where they do .

I love montana, and I wish I lived there too but for me that ship has sailed . I will continue to pay whatever it costs to hunt the great state but cmon man don't say they should double costs for NR . We all make sacrifices. Don't wine to me cuz you made them in order to move to Montana . Life is sacrifice . Everyone has things they have to do .

I love montana, and I wish I lived there too but for me that ship has sailed . I will continue to pay whatever it costs to hunt the great state but cmon man don't say they should double costs for NR . We all make sacrifices. Don't wine to me cuz you made them in order to move to Montana . Life is sacrifice . Everyone has things they have to do .

In my case, I didn't move to Montana, I am from here. From way back. I could deal with higher costs for me as a resident. What I can't deal with is non-residents feeling they need to be on a level playing field. Imagine the hunt quality here if we sold elk tags to anybody, anywhere for 20 bucks. mtmuley

In my case, I didn't move to Montana, I am from here. From way back. I could deal with higher costs for me as a resident. What I can't deal with is non-residents feeling they need to be on a level playing field. Imagine the hunt quality here if we sold elk tags to anybody, anywhere for 20 bucks. mtmuley

Agree with you totally ! Honestly I do . I'm not asking for level playing field at all . I don't care if resident tags stay where they are . I just don't wanna get priced out of the game .

Double cost for a resident still means your tags cost nothing . Double for me as a NR would be $2300 . I make a good living , own land , have little to no debt , and $1,150 to me is a lot for a hunting license . Easy to say when resident price is nothing

You should be grateful your allowed to hunt Montana elk. Last time I checked, Montana's can't even put in for your state's Once in a Lifetime Elk tags.

Setting aside the dramatic under funding of FWP, As long as we kept the current nonresident quotas hunt quality would not change and my even improve.

I applied for deer and cow elk in Colorado. if I draw both that will be $900. I'm applying in Arizona for Coues too, so there is another $475. It adds up quick.

You sent me a PM but your inbox is full so I cant reply.

You should be grateful your allowed to hunt Montana elk. Last time I checked, Montana's can't even put in for your state's Once in a Lifetime Elk tags.

LOL!! Our entire population count is like 700 animals in which 90% reside on private. Our elk "hunt" is a joke. Unless you like shooting tame elk out of alfalfa fields maybe you are missing out. What is the elk population in MT again? $170k plus? We have roughly 700 and you are comparing? Get real.

Back