$1,149.84

According to Randy the whining comes more from resident hunters and pols when increased fiscal participation based on value is mentioned.

According to Randy the whining comes more from resident hunters and pols when increased fiscal participation based on value is mentioned.

I about die laughing when I hear a resident of any state with big game hunting opportunities say that hunting is becoming a "rich man's game".

Yet he is both correct and a contributor to the fact.

I'm more so talking about residents of any state that have big game opportunities yet bitch about it becoming a rich man's game. For me as an NR, I view it as a privilege to hunt out of state as a non resident, not a right. That privilege could become non existent at any time. Some people think it should be super affordable for them to drive across the country and hunt all the big game species. Non resident big game hunting wasn't designed for that and nor should it be IMO. I can stay in my home state and hunt a ridiculous amount of game ALL year and it costs little to nothing. If people think $30 deer tags and $15 conservation stamps are a rich man's game they need to evaluate their lifestyle. Rather than leasing 60k trucks and drinking 6$ Starbucks coffees, maybe sacrifice a little and prioritize your hunting tags and fees. If you can't go deer hunting in your own state for under a couple hundred bucks there is something wrong.

As a relatively new resident of Colorado I feel like I can hunt in state every year for steal then hunting out of state every other year or so is much easier to stomach.

Double cost for a resident still means your tags cost nothing . Double for me as a NR would be $2300 . I make a good living , own land , have little to no debt , and $1,150 to me is a lot for a hunting license . Easy to say when resident price is nothing

Stop being cheap. MT doesnt owe you anything.

I'm more so talking about residents of any state that have big game opportunities yet bitch about it becoming a rich man's game. For me as an NR, I view it as a privilege to hunt out of state as a non resident, not a right. That privilege could become non existent at any time. Some people think it should be super affordable for them to drive across the country and hunt all the big game species. Non resident big game hunting wasn't designed for that and nor should it be IMO. I can stay in my home state and hunt a ridiculous amount of game ALL year and it costs little to nothing. If people think $30 deer tags and $15 conservation stamps are a rich man's game they need to evaluate their lifestyle. Rather than leasing 60k trucks and drinking 6$ Starbucks coffees, maybe sacrifice a little and prioritize your hunting tags and fees. If you can't go deer hunting in your own state for under a couple hundred bucks there is something wrong.

Yet dont bitch about a $200 smart phone bill or a $800 truck payment.

Stop being cheap. MT doesnt owe you anything.

Buying a dude tag for $700 or a elk and deer tag for $1150 is not being cheap . Montana doesn't owe me a thing more like I owe montana for the memories I have made and will make . But bottom line , the prices that Fwp or the commission has set for NRs is getting ridiculous

This is like those political threads that nobody's mind is going to be changed by endlessly arguing back and forth. It's time to agree to disagree and move on.

Bullseye. I suggest we all take a deep breath, know each has had their chance to voice an opinion, and move along. No minds have been changed, no feelings need to be hurt, the thread doesn't need to be locked, and nobody will get banned.

Bullseye. I suggest we all take a deep breath, know each has had their chance to voice an opinion, and move along. No minds have been changed, no feelings need to be hurt, the thread doesn't need to be locked, and nobody will get banned.

Agreed . Cheers to this .

It annoys me that "social tollerance" is even a factor in elk managment.
Saying that indicates you agree it should be a factor, so long as it tips our direction. It's a factor in nearly everything, whether anyone says it out loud or not.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back