new muzzleloader

Robertsj22

im looking at purchasing a new inline. This is something i'll use for colorado elk and maybe some pa whitetails. I have been looking at either a cva optima v2 or a t/c impact. Anyone used either of these that could sway me one way or another?

I have a TC Impact and it has killed both elk and whitetail. I use Leupold QR rings and bases. I remove the scope for
CO elk hunting and put it back on for IN Whitetail with no change in zero.

I know people who have owned both. According to them, they are both great muzzleloaders to own. I don't think you can go wrong with these two brands. I personally lean to the thompson center...... I bet you will be happy with what ever one you decide to go with. Good Luck on your hunt also!

I have the V2, I am a big fan of it. But have never used the Impact so no comparison from me.

I have the accura v2, it shoots great, it's a model above the optima but I was still out the door at $375.

I have one of the new Knights, but all my friends/family have the CVA's. Both optimas and accura V2's. I have shot them extensively and have been pleased. That's the route I will go next time.

I have a Traditions Vortek Ultralight that I have had good success with, easy to shoot and clean and not to spendy. I also have a Remington UML which I use for longer range shooting. That one is a bit more work to get dialed in and you have to use a remington casing instead of a 209 primer as the ignition source. Since Colorado doesn't allow scopes for their muzzle loader season, I wouldn't recommend the Remington. I have heard good things about the CVA but I like the weight of the Traditions.

Im a big fan of CVA powder guns, even my cheapo wolf will put 2 Hornady SSTs an inch apart at 100

I have a Accura V2 and absolutely love it. It was a little more expensive than the others you mentioned, but IMHO worth every penny.

I have a V2 and a Remington Ultimate. I can tell you that I had a hard time deciding which to carry on my OIL elk hunt last year. I went with the RUML because it had my favorite scope (Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9 Firedot). But for the money? I’d take the V2 any day. It’s 95% as capable at 30% the cost.

I going to toss this out there, since nobody has mentioned it yet. I have a Traditions pursuit G4 ultralight that I put a 3-9x40 scope on it and it's been an awesome really light weight muzzy. The nice thing about it is that it comes factory with the metal fiber optic sights, not the plastic ones. But one of the best features that I like is that it has a shot gun style safety, so I can have the hammer cocked and ready then when a deer steps out I just have to take the safety off and shoot. You don't have to worry about the noise of cocking the hammer, or leaving the hammer cocked and remembering to not touch the trigger.9.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntND90
Back