Caribou Gear Tarp

SNL & The Weekend Update turn gun control skit into anti-hunting skit

I laugh along some and find other SNL skits not worth the chuckle. I most enjoy the election skits... It's satire based media/Hollywood slanted, "fake news". :)

Like any joke, some enjoy some do not. Some laugh a bit, some laugh a lot. SNL has played some GREAT skits in the past, such as:
[video=youtube_share;pVfUvwb167Q]https://youtu.be/pVfUvwb167Q[/video]

He died along time ago, NHY. Also, NHY you are not the youth that I am worry about. I do think you think young!

Seriously....do you know how many people watch SNL? Did you watch the clip?

I don't. And in general people are cutting the cord to consume non-network content so viewership is falling for network tv. Preaching to a choir is not changing public opinion but instead is a rah rah hooray for our side communion.

SNL relevancy was mainstream in the 1970s/80s then the concept and product became a tired show that rarely launched a character or tagline into public consciousness.

The future of hunting will not be decided by taking our weapons away but rather by loss of habitat shared with increased pressure of predation and an aging population of active hunters.

Bighorn sheep are in a tailspin with entire units being removed from hunting. Moose have been ravaged by wolves and not likely to make a comeback to 1980 levels in the next 30 years. Elk are down except on private property where landowners limit access through fees. Mule deer are down. G&F departments are no longer leading the way on anything but monetizing the wildlife application and tag revenues.

This is the golden age compared to a decade from now. If you like to hunt, get out and hunt. The clock is not turning back.

I don't think SNL has been funny for a lot of years, since the Mike Meyers days. However, as irrelevant we'd like to believe it is, it ain't. I actually see links on CNN's website every so often about something on SNL - "SNL slams Trump's agenda on (fill in the blank)". I'm not a huge fan of CNN, but I generally get news by checking Fox's website, then going to CNN's website, and figuring an accurate portrayal of reality lies somewhere between. That said, enough people take SNL and CNN seriously enough that it is a little concerning to see this kind of thing.

It's not threatening, it's freedom. I don't agree with the skit, but to be threatened by other's speech, well, I guess I'm not that kind of snowflake. ;)

It's not threatening, it's freedom. I don't agree with the skit, but to be threatened by other's speech, well, I guess I'm not that kind of snowflake. ;)

You need to give a few speeches to the anti-first amendment youth of Berkeley, etc who find only select speakers fitting their koolAid as permissible. :D

Apparently the conversation about how funny or not SNL is.....weighs heavier than the false perception of hunters. For me, the reason that clip had any relevance is because I don't want anyone thinking just because I'm a hunter means you can automatically put me into the camp which is "pry my gun out of my hands". I think everyone is missing the point I was trying to make and it's disappointing to see so much complacency among people who proclaim to be advocates of hunting.

You need to give a few speeches to the anti-first amendment youth of Berkeley, etc who find only select speakers fitting their koolAid as permissible. :D

There is a growing trend of disrespectful dissent. No doubt. It's on all sides and not only limited to the kids who need emotional support peacocks. The ones who need emotional support AR's get there pretty easily as well.

Which makes me appreciate hunt talk all the more. :)

Last edited:
The truth behind SNL? First hand from Chevy Chase via CNN interview...

[video=youtube_share;zRLHPUGKoXo]https://youtu.be/zRLHPUGKoXo[/video]

Charles,

I don't think that's been a secret ever. Although they lampooned Clinton quite well. Tina Fey's rendition of Palin helped get Obama elected, etc. It's the power of editorial comment in a free press. Not much different than 90% of Fox news's programming except this is a late night show only on once a week.

Charles,

I don't think that's been a secret ever. Although they lampooned Clinton quite well. Tina Fey's rendition of Palin helped get Obama elected, etc. It's the power of editorial comment in a free press. Not much different than 90% of Fox news's programming except this is a late night show only on once a week.

At least SNL has always been about comedy. Fox news doesn't know they are comedy.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back