Yeti GOBOX Collection

Good rounds to put through the 300 Win

Badger_55

Just picked up my new Hells Canyon. Scope and rings are in the mail. Now I am just curious of some good rounds to put through the gun. I plan to try a few elk loads to see what the gun likes the best. I am for sure getting the Nosler ABLR 190gr. I have some questions regarding Double Tap ammo and Choice Ammo. I am a big fan of the Accubond bullets never had any experience with the VLDs or ELD-X's however. I dont plan to buy anything lighter than 180's Double Taps ABLR round in 210gr interests me along with the HSM Trophy Gold Bergers VLD in 210g.
I am up for any reviews or recommendations from you guys.

Thanks

I'd buy a box of the HSM in 210 and also the double tap in 210. Let the rifle tell you what it likes.

I'll never touch HSM again.

Choice ammunition, 180g Accubond and I key hole at 100 yds.

My son shoots thru his Proof Reasearch 300win mag Black Hills 190 gr.

200 gr accubond over 65.2 grains of IMR 4831. Killed a bear at 276 last May. Very accurate out of my TC venture.

I know what you are getting at, but a bullet that "keyholes" is a bad thing. mtmuley

you're right. Keyholing in the sense it goes sideways is bad. Keyholing in having a bullet go through same tear in paper as previous is good. I have the good kind.

I've had good luck with my 300wm shooting either the 180 Nosler AB's or the Barnes TTSX, have not tried anything heavier as of yet.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back