Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Best thing about is that it was free. Good luck to you also Sage. mtmuley

After months of searching finally found a topper on Craigslist. Got it for $50. Fits great, will paint it myself this winter after season. I’ll update as I figure out my setup for camping. Should be fun!

Patience paid off.

Name:  D314183F-B9CD-41E8-8901-99940AD509F5.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  35.6 KB

3. Default Truck camping with Topper - for tall guys

Quote Originally Posted by Ttannahill14 View Post
    After months of searching finally found a topper on Craigslist. Got it for $50. Fits great, will paint it myself this winter after season. Iíll update as I figure out my setup for camping. Should be fun!

Patience paid off.

Name:  D314183F-B9CD-41E8-8901-99940AD509F5.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  35.6 KB
    I tend to sleep in my truck when hunting (or even road tripping with my wife)... the one problem I had was that I need to leave the tailgate down to fit (im 6'2")... I found some guys locally who made something called a 'footbox' designed for just this scenario and Ive loved it. I think they are about to start selling it on Amazon.

www.foot-box.com
    Name:  Quick Pic. Footbox.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  54.0 KB

Ttan, thanks for posting this. I was thinking of cobbling one of these DIY, this one looks better.
    A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise. Aldo Leopold.

Quote Originally Posted by mtmuley View Post
    If you don't like the cable latching system (which I despised) you can get a pair of lockable "T" handle latches off the internet for about 40 bucks or so and they'll go in the existing holes. Adjusting them to get good purchase with the fixed part of the system might require a bit of fiddling but is doable.
    Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright, then it is not yet the end.

Dol dh'iarruidh an fhortain do North Carolina.

This pad has been an absolute game changer for me while truck camping. I used to just use my light weight backpacking pad which is not much wider than my shoulders and a bit thin to comfortably sleep on my side. This new pad is plenty wide to sleep however I want, has enough thickness to never feel the truck bed and has an excellent R value (9.5). It’s so nice to ehen we have extra guests at my house, I don’t hesitate to have someone use it in a pinch. I swear it’s as nice as my bed. There is no need for a cot or anything below it either. I can’t recommned it enough.

https://www.rei.com/product/113719/e...0-sleeping-pad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234