Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Hunting Website & Podcast

AussieHunter

Post Approved by Big Fin

Guys and Gals I have been quietly working away on a self funded project for quite a number of months now. The site I have created, website and podcast, www.huntingarete.com.au is to do with all things associated with hunting in the South Pacific but it will not be limited to just Down Under.

Last night I loaded it up and went live with the first podcast of the same name. At this point in time it is available on Stitcher and is awaiting approval on iTunes.

The content is small at present but will continue growing. My focus is on quality material and trying to encourage, by example, others to portray hunting in a better light.

So thanks for any support and constructive criticism will be willing accepted.

Thanks Dave

Good luck. I'll give it a listen. NZ tahr is probably the only sheep hunt I will ever have a chance to do.

Parts 1 to 3 of 4 of Hunting Arete's first reader contributed story is now up on the website. huntingarete.com.au

I would love to host a American hunt story or report. If you interested drop me a email [email protected]

I cant pay for it at this stage but I will be getting some merchandise done in the near future and everyone that has contributed to the site will receive a token of my appreciation.

Thanks
Dave

Good luck. I have a nephew in Oz and will let him know about it, and will keep an eye on it myself.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. It is truly appreciated. Go and have a look at the site and share through your networks. Hunting Arete is all about improving our image as hunters both within and to outsiders, right around the world.

And by all means I am up for constructive criticism.

Episode 2 Deer and Dogs with Chris Rudd, an Australian Army Veteran of 25 years service who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, is up now. We talk about hunting the mighty Sambar in the Victorian High Country, Chris's, and his wife's, passion for Vizslas, hunting with them and a bit about Tahr hunting in New Zealand.

And a special thanks to Big Fin for allowing me to promote this here. OYOA is the only American forum where I have promoted Hunting Arete due to Randy's high values, which I can only continue to strive to approach.

Randy thank you mate.

Episode 3 is up now. A great mate of mine talk to Craig Mearns a regular Australian country bloke that has made the leap into opening a Firearms Shop in a large provincial city, Tamworth, in Nor-west New South Wales. (Tamworth has a population of about 62 000 people.) Australia is even more orientated to coastal population than America.

Craig is an accomplished hunter. He loves chasing Red Stags and last year hunted Cape Buffalo in Africa.

The image below is of a Red Stag he shot in the upper Hunter Valley about two weeks ago just as the Stags commenced forming their harems.

Craigs Stag.jpg

Episode 8 is live now. Passion & Purity of Purpose. With Kiwi Hunter Jamie Carle http://huntingarete.com.au/episode-8-passion-purity-of-purpose/

There was a change in method for Episode 8 of the Hunting Arete podcast. I did this one over the phone. Interestingly Jamie now works in Perth Western Australia, further from my hometown than I am from New Zealand.

Jamie rivals any hunter I know for the amount of passion he has and can capture it so eloquently in his videos. And he is a massive advocate for hunting Public Lands both here in Australia and over the ditch in New Zealand.

Have a look at his five days of Sambar hunting videos, just recently completed and posted on YouTube. It wont disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKhFiIJedxuLbfq6dzruGPA

I think the greater connection we have as hunters internationally the greater the impact we can have on spreading an appreciation of what we do.

Thanks fellas.

Attachments

• NZH22.jpg
    NZH22.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
Ladies and gents Episode 8 is live now.

I talk to a Doug Read, a retired primary school teacher and extremely well respected Sambar Hunter.

Doug has been awarded the Arthur Bentley Trophy, from the Australian Deer Association twice for the highest scoring Sambar shot in the year. Only one other hunter has achieved this in 50 years.

DHPstagNOV11 1320px.jpg

Gidday from Down Under.

In early August I spent 8 days in the Victorain High Country - Alpine National Park - hunting Sambar Deer with a crew of blokes. On the last night we did a podcast recording. which is live now.

You can listen to it on the Website, download it from there also, or via Stitcher and iTunes.

http://huntingarete.com.au/episode-11-sambar-camp/

Robbo from Bolt Action Productions also has done a series of six videos on his YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuQQOISBj3l4tfez-awVZZw

Good luck to you all on the opening of your season, hunt safe and thanks for the support.

I put this on my listen list for when I drive to my camp next weekend.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back