Montana WT

LRx

Took the plunge and picked up a new Remington UML and topped it with a Vortex LH 1.5-8 with the G4 reticle. Found a friendly rancher in the valley and it didn’t take long for me to feel pretty good about my new investment!

Now if I can only draw one of those premium UT or AZ muzzy elk tags!!!

3ECEF423-C3DC-4669-A00D-003474EE4356.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, gents. My wife ended up filling her tag with it too this year, which was pretty awesome! 479E63D1-B30B-4848-B462-8A913E0051A6.jpg

That's awesome! Congrats on two nice bucks with your new muzzleloader. I have been thinking of picking up one of those UMLs. How does it shoot? Have you tried it out to 300 yards?

How does it shoot? Have you tried it out to 300 yards?

To be honest, I haven’t really put It through the paces yet. Last summer kinda got away from me, so I found a load that held right around 2” at 100 yards and called it good.

MT does not allow sabots, or anything other than “pure lead bullets” for muzzleloaders, so I may be more limited by those constraints than by what this platform is actually capable of. If I ever draw a NV, UT, NM, or AZ tag, I’d definitely get serious about load development, but for here in the valley, a hundred yards worth of range is plenty of reach for my needs.

Bottom line, the thing is a pleasure to shoot. The ignition system is super slick; feels like you’re shooting a real centerfire, and it’s definitely head and shoulders ahead of the rest in the looks department! I’d recommend it to anyone who isn’t planning on an ID, OR, or WA hunt. If you were considering one of those states too, then I’d look at a Knight Mountaineer or Ultra Lite.

MT does not allow sabots, or anything other than “pure lead bullets” for muzzleloaders, so I may be more limited by those constraints than by what this platform is actually capable of. If I ever draw a NV, UT, NM, or AZ tag, I’d definitely get serious about load development, but for here in the valley, a hundred yards worth of range is plenty of reach for my needs.

Don't take my word for it without checking it officially, but I'm pretty sure the no sabot "pure lead bullet" restriction only applies when you are hunting in a weapons restricted area that only allows archery, shotgun, handgun or muzzleloader. I'm pretty sure if you are hunting in the general season and not in a short range weapons area you can use any bullet you want.

Yes, that’s my understanding too. I am hunting in a weapons restricted area though, so all those rules apply.

One more notch on the Remington UML. I'm really enjoying hunting with this thing! fullsizeoutput_f57.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back