Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Northern NY adventures with crossbowguy

Had a spike buck walk by at 45 yards eat and bed down at fifty yards for half an hour. Got up and fed off towards my big soybean field. Then five more deer ran by at 100 yards. Even though I didn't put a tag on anything it was a great night!!!!

Been putting in a lot of time in the stands! We were seeing lots of does, fawns and young bucks, however the last couple day that tapered off to one or two. So we are going to back out and let things settle down for a week or so. In the meantime I have a lot of things to get put away before the snow starts to fly. I will post more pictures shortly.

Great stuff. I love those knives. Did you do all of the food plot work with the 4-wheeler or do you have a tractor?

Thanks I may start making those knives full time after I retire to help supplement my retirement. All of those plots were put in with an LS I3040 tractor with six foot tiller and my Honda 500 Rubicon ATV. I may end up going to a bigger tractor because one of these days I want to plant larger destination food sources.

Great stuff. I love those knives. Did you do all of the food plot work with the 4-wheeler or do you have a tractor?

Don't know what it is about my property and 7 pts on Halloween Night!!!!! First year I bought my property in 2005 I had one of the best pre-rut nights I have ever had in the woods with 2 bucks chasing two different does that night and seeing a total of 7 bucks, the biggest was a 175lb dressed 7 pt which I put in my truck. Fast forward to this year Halloween night..... Sitting in a stand with a long narrow shooting lane that the deer cross to go to my destination food plots on the east end of my property. About a half hour before dark out steps a fawn followed quickly by momma, they fed for about 15 minutes in the clover before crossing out of site. The whole time the doe kept looking back where they had came so I knew something was behind them. About 10 minutes before dark out step the 7pt I posted pics up in the earlier posts. I knew I had to be quick because they get across that opening in a hurry. So you guys can guess what happened.... I had to rush and make a quick shot... Long story short I missed! I looked for an hour in the pouring rain for blood nothing! Went back the next day and looked for an hour in the light and nothing. Then I checked the trail cam right where I had shot at the buck the night before and there he was on camera 530 am that morning staring at the camera... So I feel better that I know I missed, but now I need to shoot my rifle to make sure it was me and not the rifle....

Sat for 3.5 hours in the morning yesterday and saw a grey fox. went back up to camp at 1400hours and saw deer on my driver all the way to camp, including a nice 2 year old 8 point on a friends property. Got to my stand at 1445 and two deer were already there feeding. they ran off but never blew(thank god). It was a perfect night and the deer were on their feet! I ended up seeing 6 doe/fawns on my watch. It was just an over all great night even though I didn't harvest a buck.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back