Yeti GOBOX Collection

Interesting look into the uncomfortable bedfellows of the great outdoors circa 2018

I think a lot of people on here would fit one of those two groups, generally, which is what VikingsGuy was saying (I think). I definitely fall in camp 2. I can't say every thought I have falls into that camp, but generally that's the direction of my leanings. But I definitely don't support this move by REI. Had I not already moved away from them for pricing reasons I would probably send them a email expressing my dissatisfaction.

I can be found in lots of camps. I don't subscribe to the one-camp group, not even the one in the middle.

Not to go too off topic but I find this whole thing interesting. When I contacted REI about not taking a stance on the public lands transfer subject I was told that they do not take political stances and their support of public lands was via carrying brands that support public lands. Now they seem to be taking a political stance.

Pffft, that division was just on loan to the Vikings last season, the rightful owner will take it back this year...Go Pack

Oh, Camp #3 member here as well, I prefer to use my brain...

You gotta choose, either "you use your brain" or "you are a Packers fan" -- it simply can't be both ;)

Not to go too off topic but I find this whole thing interesting. When I contacted REI about not taking a stance on the public lands transfer subject I was told that they do not take political stances and their support of public lands was via carrying brands that support public lands. Now they seem to be taking a political stance.

I have no way of knowing, but my guess is that rifle hunters are a much smaller part of their customer base than the "granola/eco-tourist" folks - so they are just following the money.

Back