Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Packable non mummy bag

If you havent make a decision yet - this is the best one out there IMO. Cant beat their price of a custom made bag. Tons of thru hikers swear by them. My bag is the revelation 10 degree long and wide and its 22 oz so basically noting. Never again mummy bags!

https://enlightenedequipment.com/made-to-order/

I am definitely ordering a quilt to try. I am 6ft 220 lbs and a side sleeper who rolls over about a million times a night. Would you say a long extra wife would be best or would just a wife be enough room? Or will an extra long allow you to cover ur head and burrow into it if need be? Also how do you feel the temp rating is? I am thinking 10 degrees would cover me for most of my hunts that I will be tenting in. From early archery to 3rd season Colorado first part of Nov. Thanks

I am definitely ordering a quilt to try. I am 6ft 220 lbs and a side sleeper who rolls over about a million times a night. Would you say a long extra wife would be best or would just a wife be enough room? Or will an extra long allow you to cover ur head and burrow into it if need be? Also how do you feel the temp rating is? I am thinking 10 degrees would cover me for most of my hunts that I will be tenting in. From early archery to 3rd season Colorado first part of Nov. Thanks

The first "wife" is expensive enough, I would pass on the "extra wife". :)

I don't know she could be extra long allow you to cover ur head and burrow into if need be! lol!

Damn autocorrect! That will teach me to proofread my posts. And yes I think an extra long wife would be better than an extra wide! But they all seem to get Xtra wide after the wedding ring goes on. But then so did I.

I second buying a bigger mummy bag. That's what I have is a down mummy that's too big and I can sleep however I want in it. You'll have a better selection if bags you want to carry this way.

I am 6'2" and 210. I went with a Long/Wide and it fits like a charm not to lose or to tight and i can roll around all night. Here is a chart that has all the measurements. You might be wider that I am in the shoulders so just see where you stack up in their measurements. I have two bags - I got the revelation in 20 degree (my all around) and the enigma in 0 degree since wont be needing hang my feet out in anything less than 20 degrees. I live in CO I use them a lot but I think a 10 is probably good for all around as long as you have a good layering system for the colder nights as a back up.

https://support.enlightenedequipment.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002191628-Revelation

Last edited:
Here's the second most packable and comfortable down bag you can buy - expensive as heck but it stretches with you so you can stretch out your legs to the side and it will go with you. I've never been so comfortable and it packs way down. The 900 fill is $150 more and it is the best. It only weighs 1 lb 8 oz for a 20 degree bag.

Edit - I actually have the 0 degree 800 fill power spiral down hugger - long that I bought for a sheep hunt three years ago. It weighs in at 33 oz and packs down to a soft cylinder about 6x14. Aside from good glass and good boots, the best equipment investment I ever made. No more mummy bags, no more wide but heavy bags.

Last edited:
Back