Hunter From Indiana

shannerdrake

Hello All,

I have been an active reader of the forums for awhile, but am very new to the posting side of things. I just posted a photo of my first elk (from Colorado) that I harvested last fall (it is in the sticky elk thread). I am an active hunter who was born, raised, and still lives in Indiana. I have harvested most of what the Midwest has to offer, but have always dreamed of hunting the west. Last year's elk was a 25 year old dream come true. I am currently working with my friends to figure out a DIY Montana hunt this fall using the knowledge we have gained from all of your posts and Randy's YouTube videos. I apologize in advance if I bug any of you with my questions; however, I promise it is out of the desire to pursue our wild animals with the excellence and respect they deserve, not to cut corners.

I know this is a western-oriented forum, but I gladly welcome any and all questions and would be happy to return the favor if I can help out. I have hunted Midwest whitetails for about 20 years and am a gun and archery fanatic who loves talking about it all. I am also a pretty decent cook and gardener and love nothing more than eating meals comprised of animals I have harvested and things I have grown/gathered. I sincerely hope to hear from you!

-Drake

Let me sneak in here and be the first Hoosier to welcome you (although I am in CO now). This is a great forum with good folks.

Welcome, don’t let SFC B BS you. Some of the members are great, just ask them. Lol. In all seriousness it’s a good place to learn and contribute, welcome aboard.

I know Bedford fairly well. I grew up south of Terre Haute in a little town called Fairbanks. I have hunted a lot of Indiana (particularly south of I-70). Right now I live on the north side of Indianapolis, but do most of my hunting in Ripley and Johnson counties.

Welcome! Hoosier that hunts eastern MT, if I can be of any help I would be happy to.

Welcome from another north sider (Carmel)!

Who would've known there were multiple Carmelites on the sight, I would say we are a small minority in our community...

Welcome! Hoosier that hunts eastern MT, if I can be of any help I would be happy to.

Who would've known there were multiple Carmelites on the sight, I would say we are a small minority in our community...

My wife and I are in the beginning stages of looking for a house closer to Indy. She is slowly dragging me kicking and screaming to Carmel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back