Caribou Gear Tarp

New Elk Gun Ordered! Scope ring advice for Xbolt?

Badger_55

I just ordered my Xbolt Hell's Canyon Long Range 300WM today! My scope should be coming soon too. Next I am looking at scope mounts. Any good recommendations out there? I am looking at Talley mounts as the favorite right now.
Also with a 44mm objective any one know what height I should go with? I would guess the lower the better for better cheek contact. I can call Talley but I figure this would save me a call.
Thanks

I'm thinking the talley lightweight lows would work but advise you to verify.

I just set up my new gun and scope combo a month ago. I got the Xbolt Hells canyon speed in 300wsm. Since I was putting on a Leupold i went with leupold mounts and rings. My scope was a 50mm so I had to use the high rings as the mediums were just a shade too short. The setup fits me perfectly for cheek fit and eye relief.

I was told medium as 40-42mm I was told were about the max for lows. It also depends on the scope as some have gone to larger power selector rings.

I went with the Leupold dual dovetail for my X-Bolt stainless stalker in 300 wsm with Leupold VX-2. Leupold site has a mount finder search tool at https://www.leupold.com/scope-mounts. I have my new VX-6HD 3-18x44 arriving tomorrow and am going with the Leupold 30MM DD High rings on my existing Leupold DD 2-piece bases.

I highly recommend Talley rings. I have a pair and absolutely love them! I would think you would need medium or high, but probably medium. Low is not an option for 44mm I believe. I'd be calling Talley to make sure though. I've called them several times with questions and they always did a great job helping me out.

I went with medium Talleys for my Hell's Canyon Speed. The scope is a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44mm for reference.

3tv0IPWh.jpg

Nice, I took my muzzlebreak off on my 300. No appreciable recoil difference.

The long range isn't a light rifle so why worry about expensive Talley Light weight rings? I have a the Speed Rifle and use Warne bases and rings. Tough and reliable...

I recently purchased a Browning Xbolt (30-06) Hunter. I went with a Nightforce SHV scope and Nightforce rings (medium height) and Leupold bases. Worked out extremely well...

That is a sweet looking rifle! I ended up going with Talley as well. Thanks for all the recommendations. I called Talley, good people, they matched me up with mediums as well.

Anybody ever use the Burris Signature Zee Rings? I've got those on one rifle and really like them.

I use only warne rings if possible, they are a pain to set up, but they are indestructible. The Burris Zee rings mentioned above are also nice.

The long range isn't a light rifle so why worry about expensive Talley Light weight rings? I have a the Speed Rifle and use Warne bases and rings. Tough and reliable...

Its less than a pound in comparison to the Speed. I might not be the lightest set up but I am all for cutting ounces if I can. Thanks for your input though. I cant wait to put some rounds through!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back