Caribou Gear Tarp

I am going sheep hunting this weekend!!!!!

No need to think twice about posting because you were successful close to the road. I'm sure you will have plenty of tough hunts that bring home only memories. Nice to have another kind of success!

Congrats. Are you now prohibited from entering a NM sheep draw again?

That’s a really cool hunt! I understand about wanting a different experience to an extent. We have all probably built up these romantic visions about going after certain species, particularly those “once in a lifetime” type tags. After all it’s not the easy days afield that are the most memorable. That being said, I’m extremely jealous also! Congratulations on her!

Wow! Thanks guys! have not had a chance to sample any yet. Really excited to though. Jciv09 this does not affect me drawing any future sheep tags. Odds run under 1% even for a resident so Could be the only sheep tag I ever draw. My boy really enjoyed the hunt. He got to help skin her out and break her down. Didn't know how he would handle that but he did great. This sparked some great conversations about hunting between him and I which really sparked his interest in taking hunters safety. Again thanks guys!

Brando-
Congrats on the good eats and the time spent with your son.

Not to take away from your post, But I wonder why the NMDGF didn't utilized the ewes in the gorge as transplant fodder for the Cochiti heard? Surely this would be a very easy capture and transplant due to the proximity to the highway. Cochiti Canyon is allegedly the best RMBHS habitat in the state after the fire and the only thing that is keeping the heard from exploding is a lack of ewes to reproduce.

Brando-
Congrats on the good eats and the time spent with your son.

Not to take away from your post, But I wonder why the NMDGF didn't utilized the ewes in the gorge as transplant fodder for the Cochiti heard? Surely this would be a very easy capture and transplant due to the proximity to the highway. Cochiti Canyon is allegedly the best RMBHS habitat in the state after the fire and the only thing that is keeping the heard from exploding is a lack of ewes to reproduce.

I'm thinking the reason for not transplanting is in the explanation the biologist gave to Brando. More than likely to big a risk of pneumonia transmission from being too close to domestic sheep.

Cool experience to be a part of a targeted management plan.

Did you still have to pay full price for the tag or how do they handle tag fees for these hunts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back