New Mystery Ranch packs

blacksheep

Has any one seen any of the new Mystery Ranch packs? I like the looks of the Pop Up 28 or the Mule. I just need a good daypack with good load handling capabilities.

blacksheep

Has any one seen any of the new Mystery Ranch packs? I like the looks of the Pop Up 28 or the Mule. I just need a good daypack with good load handling capabilities.

blacksheep

I've got a Mule (bag only) on the way, I will post next week when I get my hands on it.

I just got my new Metcalf in Subalpine in. I went with it instead of the Mule (which was my first choice) since the word MR is putting out is that the Metcalf will not be made available in bag only. I didn't want to be limited down the road so I went with the bigger one now. You can buy the mule bag only as VG did. I might end up doing that. However, the Metcalf bag cinches down very tight and the two pockets on top are enough to fit what used to go in my daypack. No real world tests yet, but I am not seeing a need to buy the Mule now. That may change later on, especially if I find a deal.

Mine arrived. Perfect complement to the full-sized Metcalf w/ frame I got over the holidays on sale at Scheels -- subapline. The Metcalf straps down nicely, but for half-day walks from camp or truck, the Mule is perfect without messing with strapping down a full sized pack. It has a quick access pocket in front, stretchy side pockets for water bottles, gun stock, etc. on each side. Has hook, pocket and passthrough for internal water bladder. Other than that, same fit and finish as the Metcalf. Got for $100 from GoHunt ($150 - $50 credit that had been sitting around).

mule - 2.jpg

mule - 3.jpg

mule - 5.jpg

mule - 4.jpg

Last edited:
VikingsGuy

That's a good looking pack. I may go that route. I'm looking at the pintler as a good go between day pack and large expedition pack.

blacksheep

I have a Alps Outdoorz Commander X and frame, but it is just too big for day trips It's a 66L pack and weighs around 9 lbs. The pintler looks to be a good sized pack for day use.

blacksheep

I don't know if they are the newest ones out or not but I know camofire has been having a lot of Mystery Ranch back packs for sale. There is a few on there today. Just have to keep looking on there, as they change it daily.

I don't know if they are the newest ones out or not but I know camofire has been having a lot of Mystery Ranch back packs for sale. There is a few on there today. Just have to keep looking on there, as they change it daily.

They are not the newest ones.

there are some on there today. 1 is the scapegoat 25 hunting pack, 2 is hardscrabble, 3 frazier mountain series

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back