Caribou Gear

Green Swamp Hogs

Howie

Anyone hunt Green Swamp in Fla. Hoping to hunt hogs there next winter and would appreciate any input. Thanks

I hunted it it few times when I lived in Tampa. The pigs are there, but it was tough hunting. On State land they fall under State regulations, as a game animal, so they get hunted hard during deer season. You'll have to get into the 'Back/Wet/Dirty part of the swamp to really have any luck. Hope you take a good GPS with you.

I finally opted to just go private land where they are not under State regulations. A little net surfing, chats on local forums, etc. & you can find some pretty reasonable trespass fee hunts, or a few guys that would be willing to take you along, in exchange for your labors/split expenses.

If you opt to do a dog hunt expect to get wet & muddy. That's the 1st place a hog is going to head....and you gotta go in after them !

Have Fun!

I've killed a few hogs there. I haven't lived there since '09 so I'm not real up to date with the current regs or season. There was a major change that happened just after I left. Hogs are plentiful and there will be even more people than an OTC Colorado elk unit. It is one of the closest places to hunt in the Tampa area which is only growing by the second. You used to have to check in daily through a check gate I'm sure it's still there. personally you may want to look at some of the other state wildlife areas to the north Richloam which is connected to the Swamp has a lot or up by Ocala. never did much hunting in the Ocala National Forest but there are hogs there. Goethe has plenty of hogs too, it is just to the west of Ocala

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back