Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Boycott Dick's Sporting goods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Depot, Lowes, Target, lots of businesses that don't sell these guns either. Are you calling for a boycott of these businesses as well? Dicks doesn't want to be the business that sells a lunatic the tool he uses to kill innocent children and you think a boycott is in order? Sounds like a sound business decision to me. Maybe a stock purchase is in order.

I am ahead of the curve - I never shop there (because their prices, selection and service suck where I live).

Meh...boycotting a store because it chooses not to sell something is childish at best

I disagree. It is your only dissent. When politicians vote contrary to your values you vote them out. When companies do, boycotting is your only voice. YMMV

Mulecreek , that's your prerogative. I don't get your reasoning, nor your line of thought. The stores you mention sell lumbar and other retail commodities not firearms. Apples/oranges.

When Ford sells a truck that some lunatic drives into a crowd, would it also be sound advice to stop selling trucks?

The 2nd amendment is your last stand against tyranny,foreign and domestic. It's not about deer hunting.

And Dicks sells sporting goods. Sporting Goods! Its in the name. Dicks is all about deer hunting. If the name of the store was Dicks Sporting Goods and Tyrannical Government Defense Weaponry Outlet then your argument might make a bit of sense.

I find this interesting. Dick's is boycotting AR's. So how about Field and Stream stores they are owned by Dick's Sporting Good's.

Dicks stores have not sold AR's since the school shooting in Newtown. They did sell them at their F&S stores. They latest news is that they will no longer sell them at F&S stores.

I always thought it was weird that Dick's was selling ARs and what not... especially since the guys behind the counter typically would know jack about em.

Doesn't bother me at all they quit selling them, good for them. They're not against rifles, they just don't want to go to bed at night knowing they sold the rifle that was responsible for deaths.

I love going into F&S the day before deer season here in PA and watching all the clowns getting doe in heat scents, rattling horns, ozonics, THEIR LICENSE and all sorts of wild contraptions, it's great people watching loL!

And Dicks sells sporting goods. Sporting Goods! Its in the name. Dicks is all about deer hunting. If the name of the store was Dicks Sporting Goods and Tyrannical Government Defense Weaponry Outlet then your argument might make a bit of sense.

Dick's sells guns, before today they sold AR's. Sorry connecting dots is hard for you.

Home Depot, Lowes, Target, lots of businesses that don't sell these guns either. Are you calling for a boycott of these businesses as well? Dicks doesn't want to be the business that sells a lunatic the tool he uses to kill innocent children and you think a boycott is in order? Sounds like a sound business decision to me. Maybe a stock purchase is in order.

I lean towards this camp. And thank you deer-shooter for posting the link. Apparently I’m not up in the news of the day at this point in the morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back