Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: March Maddness

Down to just two: Glenn's Unreal Bracket has Michigan and Mountain Man's Gamble has Villanova.
    "You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, WWI fighter pilot

"Never mistake hope for a plan." Herman Edwards

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  93.5 KB

Bottle of water......$5
    Commerative T-shirt......$30
    Nosebleed tickets.......$ hundreds each (thanks kansasson!)
    Final four game with your son......priceless.

PS: whose idea was it to schedule a KU basketball game in a football stadium?
    Last edited by kansasdad; 03-31-2018 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added pic
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a new ending.

Looks like you and your son had a great time. Sorry KU couldn’t be more accommodating. Enjoy your time in San Antonio.

Kansasdad, tough loss though great time with your son. Good job, pops!
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice

Rockin' HT's 2017 MLB Champion - Hall of Famer. Giving Pete Rose a run for his $$$

Randy said coolers to the top 6 places, didn’t he? I don’t have time to read back through the thread Happy Easter everyone!

Awesome! Seeing a Final 4 is on my bucket list!

Pretty sure the fat lady has sung on MI.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicting View Post
    Pretty sure the fat lady has sung on MI.
    Yup. 54 v 74 3:20 left... Seen miracles before but the fat lady is already tooting the Villanova fight song...
    "V" for Villanova
    "V" for Victory
    "B" for Blue and "Double-U" for White
    For the Blue and White, we will fight, fight, fight, fight!
    Fight! for VILLANOVA! Fight for Victory!
    VILLANOVA lead the way
    With a capital "V" for Victory!
    VIL-LA-NO-VA! V-I-L-L-A-N-O-V-A
    "V" for Vic-to-ry! V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!
    Last edited by Sytes; 04-02-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Rockin' HT's 2017 MLB Champion - Hall of Famer. Giving Pete Rose a run for his $$$

That may be the best college team I've seen in the last 20 years!

Quote Originally Posted by NoWiser View Post
    Randy said coolers to the top 6 places, didn’t he?
    I am not one to argue. Fun tournament.

Big winner needs to send me a PM with appropriate details. Can't believe I came in 3rd, not having watched a college basketball game since last year's March Madness.
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

I sought the dummy guide to scoring brackets...

Take for instance, 3rd place and 25th place both had the most teams correctly picked and I thought that was the objective. It is, to an extent and holds interest towards future bracket strategy.

Anyhow, in the event I'm not the only one who has interest in a dummy guide for bracket scoring, well, "Here's your sign"...

Default Scoring (Points by Round)
    Round Points Per Correct Pick Points Possible Best Possible Score
    Round of 64 1 point 32 points 32 points
    Round of 32 2 points 32 points 64 points
    Sweet 16 4 points 32 points 96 points
    Elite Eight 8 points 32 points 128 points
    Final Four 16 points 32 points 160 points
    Championship 32 points 32 points 192 points
    Format is screwy based on screen copy/paste. Here is the link.
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6654.html

Congrats, Mountain Man's Gamble, James! Fill that baby with PBers and ice.

50th place.....my worst standing, EVER !!

But.... All Praise, Honor & Glory be to Mountain Man !!!

Great Picks my friend.

Enjoy.
    "Talent, hits a target, no one else can hit... Genius, hits a target, no one else can see."

NOVA....deep, talented, and composed. Good time Gunner, thanks for putting it up.

Congrats Mountain Man! I was out when I flip-flopped my Michigan team picks.

Blog Entries

Grats to MM. for me, 57th...
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

'Nova may have defeated most NBA teams... They had their game dialed in!

Congrats to Mountain Man! Hope to see some pics of you putting your now cooler to good use.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Sytes View Post
    I sought the dummy guide to scoring brackets...

Take for instance, 3rd place and 25th place both had the most teams correctly picked and I thought that was the objective. It is, to an extent and holds interest towards future bracket strategy.

Anyhow, in the event I'm not the only one who has interest in a dummy guide for bracket scoring, well, "Here's your sign"...

Format is screwy based on screen copy/paste. Here is the link.
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6654.html

Congrats, Mountain Man's Gamble, James! Fill that baby with PBers and ice.
    It's mostly luck. That is why some of these contests say the grand prize for a perfect bracket is a million dollars. There has NEVER been a perfect bracket. None of the so called experts formulas work. Hope the dummies guide was free, you got your monies worth.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

20. Default

Thanks everyone. There were many times the brackets could have gone other ways. All the hard work of doing nothing to prepare paid off. I will relish the outcome because it will very likely never happen again. I’m extremely stoked an Orion cooler will materialize from my dumb luck!

Congrats Mountain Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Thanks everyone. There were many times the brackets could have gone other ways. All the hard work of doing nothing to prepare paid off. I will relish the outcome because it will very likely never happen again. Iím extremely stoked an Orion cooler will materialize from my dumb luck!
    I'll take dumb good luck over skill hunting any day... Unfortunately, I'm working on both... still working...

Grats!

The drive home from the (Kansas) debacle in the semi-finals was nice for some beautiful Texas scenery.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  105.4 KB

Name:  007.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  78.8 KB
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a new ending.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567