Ruger American Predator

darrendbeck

Anybody shot the Ruger American Predator in 6.5? The reviews are great for a rifle that affordable. Thinking about buying one but wanted to know how they perform as a hunting rifle. Any experience anyone has would be helpful.

I don’t own one, each time I looked at them, I liked the price, but it never felt right in my hands. By the time I would of upgraded the cheap stock I would of had too much into it. If I were you I would do a side by side comparison amongst others in the same price category. I’ve been very interested in a Begara B14, the doesn’t seem to be any bad reviews out there on them.

My brother has one in 6mm Creed and my dad's is a 25-06. Cheap stocks but do the job. Bolt is smooth for price. Great guns that feed well and shoot very well

I have one in .223 Rem, sub MOA out of box, great value, but couldn't warm up to their plastic stock so it now sits in a Boyds. If you are going to tire of the plastic stock you can have a much better tikka rifle in wood or Tikka's much nicer fiberglass/plastic blend stock in Tikka T3X for same total $.

My coworker has one and he really likes it. He has only shot a box or two of shells , and only at paper.
But so far so good he says . I would imagine there a fine gun as most the Ruger line.
:hump:

I had one in 308, and a regular American in 243. Picked them both up used for under $300. .243 shot .25 groups with factory hornady ammo. .308 was .5 sub MOA. My buddy has one in 6.5 it performs the same way, and all of his kids shoot it. Extremely mild recoil. Great gun for the price.

If you're looking, I'd make sure to get one with the new magazine (AI compatible). It' seems like a worthwhile upgrade IMO. My boys share a LH American standard in 243 and it's done everything we've needed it to do. Not the fanciest or most refined, but ours works well.

I have one in a 6.5 and love it. It is cheap and feels that way but for what you pay for them, that is to be expected. I bought the combo with a vortex crossfire scope on it for $580. I shot a few hundred rounds with it last summer and once i dialed it in and worked up a load that i liked, i was ringing an 8 inch steel plate at 500 yards. For a gun in that price range to shoot sub MOA, i dont think you can go wrong. I also threw a muzzle break on it and now it has comparable recoil to an AR.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back