Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

CO access through a neighboring unit

jvanhoy

Im planning my otc elk hunt and have found a good access road that dead ends in a draw unit. Its only 1/4 mile or so to the otc unit. Would this be legal? Maybe carry bow in soft case to be sure? I plan on trying to get a hold of the warden for the area to be positive but thought someone may have asked before. Thanks

On a different forum a similar question came up about CA zones. Legal, just keep weapon cased while in not in your unit. If you get an elk, take pics that show a prominent peak in the background, something that could easily be recognized. Game wardens use this to bust poachers but it could work on your behalf.

It's not illegal, but as glass eye mentioned a pic or GPS would be to your benefit. Worst case scenario you might have to take a warden to the site of the kill. You can take your gun/bow for a walk most anywhere, no law against that.

Not illegal at all. The way the CO explained it to me is that as long as you are not actively pursuing (calling, arrow knocked, ect..) you are fine. Same thing applies to walking into/out of any hunting area before or after legal shooting light with your weapon of choice in hand.

Just mark your truck with your GPS, mark your route and your (hopefully) kill spot. A warden will be more interested in seeing you were above board and did your best to document it. They have a tough job and will appreciate you making it easier. You might just call them and tell them what you are doing before hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back