Boot Insoles

nrpate05

Hey Hunttalkers, after putting on many miles last season and enduring some seriously sore feet (and knees) I'm thinking I need some new insoles. My boots are Oboz Wind River Bdry I think. They are in good shape, but the insoles are flattened and were not that great to begin with. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations with aftermarket insoles. I'm not sure if it matters, but my feet are mostly normal, with a fairly high arch and instep. Thanks in advance!

Lots of running stores have pressure mats that will identify what insole matches your foot shape if you have one nearby

SOF Soles......I buy mine at Bandana Run & Walk on Main Street in Boise. They aren't gel-filled but do have a nice squishy feel to them when first inserted into the boot. They mold to your foot nicely and wear like iron. I tried Superfeet for awhile but never could quite get them fit right and the hard plastic arch support never agreed with my feet.

Oh yeah, I used to deal with plantar fasciitis which is why I started trying the Superfeet and eventually made my way to the SOF Soles. I don't deal with plantar fasciitis any more.

I agree with Focus! My wife got me to try the SOF and now whenever I buy a new pair of shoes or boots, the insoles that came with them go away first thing.

Superfeet and Sole are too slick for me and create hot spots. I use Dr Scholes athletic or Lathrop insoles now. Lathrop are slightly less volume than the Scholes.

Dr S for me.
I don't like plastics & I'm cheap.
I do use a Danner arch support in some work boots under the Dr S's.

I always went with Superfeet Green. Picked up a pair of their merino hunting insoles last fall. Really nice insoles, added noticeable warmth and fit my feet good. A little spendy but all SF are and they have pretty good durability IMO.

I have tried a gazillion different insoles and this one is the one that has worked best for me, for an extended amount of time. Quite a few of the insoles I have tried felt good out of the box and on the first hiking trip, but didn't last. They compress and squish and don't bounce back. The sofsole airr orthotic is comfortable out of the box and is resilient. The only problem is that it is a pretty large insert and you will have to adjust the size of your boot.

https://www.sofsole.com/product/Airr_Orthotic

Thanks for all the responses! Definitely some good info here to look into. Much appreciated!

I have found that a good pair of hiking socks really helps. I bought a pair of heavyweight socks from LL Bean and found my feet don't complain as much.

I've had good luck with both Superfeet and Sole insoles. Be mindful that they could change the volume of your boots. Make sure you try them with the socks you will be wearing.

Last edited:
Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back