Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Dont have much besides hunting

Nambaster

Hey guys!

I just recently built a home up here in Idaho so that my wife could live close to her friends and family. Idaho has always enticed me because of all of the hunting opportunity. After securing my wife's dream home she decided to call it quits on my marriage so I am now stuck in Idaho to maintain custody of my 5 kids. I hunt on a budget. Most of my hunts are over the counter. My rifles are used rifles originally developed for the purpose of war but I have converted them into sporterized versions to enhance their performance in the field. I have a great best friend and reloading mentor that refines my cartridges to maximize my accuracy and we make budget savy rounds.

Since moving to Idaho I have never seen such a large variety of species at such a low price of admission. Bears seem to come out of the wood work everywhere. Deer are plentiful in both mule deer and whitetail species. Wolves are in almost every unit. I manage to see elk almost every outing. Living in Idaho is not too bad.

I process all of my game meat at home and I enjoy euro-ing all of my harvests. Hunting has been a great outlet for me and I am consistently harvesting several animals/year. I do it all in my minivan too. I look forward to getting to know all the forum members here.2014 hunt (10).jpg

Welcome! From one divorcee to another, hang in there. It does get better. Keep a positive mind and always always always maintain your integrity!!

Welcome to HT! I was in your shoes with the marriage thing 10 years ago, wife pulled similar stunt after we built a new house as well. Honestly that 10 years has gone by incredibly fast as I look back now. At the time it crawled by and sucked, but it really does get better! As said above maintain your integrity, and imagine any parent or grandparent of yours that you loved and respected and ask yourself if you would be making them proud with how you are handling things. That, my faith, hunting/fishing, and a couple dear friends got me through it. Stay strong and reach out for help when needed. Shoot me a PM if you need a new ear. God bless you and your children!

Welcome to Hunt Talk. God never gives you something you cannot handle. With that said, you will come out of this and be able to reflect back on it like Muskeez.
I shoot a 30-.06 and believe this gun is one of the most versatile guns for the variety of animals you mention. Our family has harvested everything from antelope to moose with the 30-.06.
Sounds like you have emersed your self in hunting from scouting - hunting- processing- mounting the antlers.
Hunting is a great activity for you and you can take the kids.

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for welcoming me to the forum. Its been almost a year since the divorce and at age 36 I thought that it was going to be tough to be single. Little did I know that it was pretty amazing. There were girls cooking meals for me and bringing them to my door. It felt like a full-time job text messaging and keeping the conversations that I was having with them straight. Recently I just pulled the trigger and bought an engagement ring and proposed to the sweetest 27 yr old woman who just came into my life in June. We are going to be engaged for a while but life is really good.

My go to rifles that I am using right now are 308 Norma mag and 6.5x55 swedish mauser. They are out performing most out of the box rifles that I am seeing on the range and they have a lot of history that go along with them.

Congrats on pulling the trigger. 'Went through a similar scenario when I was about your age ... and have been married to the same wonderful person since. 'Best thing that could have ever happened.

Good luck on your other hunting pursuits. Stay true.

Very glad to hear that things have improved for you. Welcome to Idaho, hopefully you and the new Mrs. will enjoy all we have to offer for many years to come!

Welcome! From one divorcee to another, hang in there. It does get better. Keep a positive mind and always always always maintain your integrity!!

This. Spot on! Your are doing the right thing standing up for your kids. Live your life with morals and values for your kids to see as an example when others around them may not be doing the same. It will pay off. Take care.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back