Yeti GOBOX Collection

Synthetic Jacket

Chuck99

Looking for your guys input on synthetic jackets. What would you recommend that would not break the bank. The Sikta gear is great but way over by budget at $500+.

Thanks for your thoughts.

What are you looking for, insulated, shell, camo etc?

Kuiu is probably the best quality for the price of the camo group. Traditional outdoor clothing in muted solids is probably the best price option. REI, Outdoor Research, RAB, Patagonia, etc.

KUIU if you want true hunting Camo. If not Columbia has some really good quality items if you get the Omni-Tech line. It comes in some hunting items also.

Last edited:
What are you looking for, insulated, shell, camo etc?

Kuiu is probably the best quality for the price of the camo group. Traditional outdoor clothing in muted solids is probably the best price option. REI, Outdoor Research, RAB, Patagonia, etc.
Yep.

First lite has the uncompahgre and cirrus jacket. They are having a sale now and both can be had for less than $200. I have the Uncompahgre and its definitely a nice puffy. Not the lightest thing in the world, but certainly warm and it packs up pretty small.

I've been very happy with my Uncompahgre jacket, really surprised something so light worked so good at staying comfortable. Never have had Kuiu as far as comparing those two.

KUIU is great stuff and I also own First Lite. KUIU is the lightest stuff I have found.

Get on Sierra Trading Post and look at their offerings. Many discounted mountaineering brands that frankly do a better job than most the new age camo clothing suppliers. That is if you don’t mind solid colors instead of camo.

Thanks for the input guys. Right now I have an older 3 in 1 jacket. It keeps me warm but is heavy and bulky. I like both the first lite and kuiu products I will give them a closer look. The base layer can be any color but I would like to stay with the camp pattern for the outer layer.

+1 for the First Lite Uncompahgre. Most comfortable synthetic puffy I own. And I currently have 8 puffy coats, so that is saying something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back