Alaskan Moose... I drew! DM210

hans

I was drawn for a moose tag around Turnagain Arm on the Seward Hwy. Beyond stoked!

With around a 1% chance of drawing, this should be a premier hunt with relatively easy access. The Glacier Train takes you to the Spencer Glacier at the top of the valley. We plan to bring a NRS raft or two and float the Placer River back down. (Might all do packrafts if we have a big enough group)

Anyone hunted along the Placer River or Twentymile River? My girlfriend's family lives up there so I have all the hookups, but does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=huntingmaps.hunt_details&huntfile_id=21050

GMU 7 & GMU 14c

dm210.gif

Research the AOD forums. My BIL and I have been putting in for that tag for a LONG time and have yet to pull it. Sounds like you can get dumped in by train and then float out in packrafts. Hell of an adventure. I'd bring a blackie tag with me.

A lot of that going around lately. Time to kick out some newbies lol.
Sorry I missed the date on it and figured it was legit for this year as Alaska’s draw was last week. I hate it when people don’t finish their story. @EYJONAS! is always getting on people’s case about that. Maybe we should appoint him moderator / warden over people who ask for info but never finish the story.

Sorry I missed the date on it and figured it was legit for this year as Alaska’s draw was last week. I hate it when people don’t finish their story. @EYJONAS! is always getting on people’s case about that. Maybe we should appoint him moderator / warden over people who ask for info but never finish the story.

lol no worries I wasn't busting your chops as much as the recent rash of new guys resurrecting old threads to find info on units. And yes, I agree.

👎

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back