Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Flatlander wandering around Idaho

IdahoPotato

Hey everyone. I'm a Midwest transplant now in Southwest Idaho. I found this place that seems like a bunch of like minded folks. Looking to learn everything public land hunting, conservation, and advocacy. Coming from a private land state, the amount of public land I wake up to every day blows my mind. I work in the cattle industry, and I believe public land users and cattle folks need to do a lot more talking for the benefit of the lands we all love. Looking forward to getting to know some of you. Here is a picture of my corner of the world - the Bruneau canyon ripping through the sagebrush sea.IMG_20180115_145027_027.jpg

"Coming from a private land state, the amount of public land I wake up to every day blows my mind.
Lot of us fortunate transplants can relate.
"I work in the cattle industry, and I believe public land users and cattle folks need to do a lot more talking for the benefit of the lands we all love."
Words equaling the great opening picture.

Welcome to Idaho. You are in a beautifully harsh area.
If that's the jarbidge mtns in the background I might have been to that same spot.

Welcome aboard! I was born in Caldwell, my family was in cattle and farming near Adrian Oregon, now I farm in eastern Washington. Great photo you shared.

Welcome! I've chased chukars and helped with a sheep tag in that country. Very neat country.

So wish I worked in country like that.

"Road" It has no dirt, you are either driving in a mud hole or over volleyball size volcanic rock.
Are you the ones who run cattle on the JP?

Not me, maybe Tindall? I stick behind a desk and visit that country for fun rather than work.

Welcome! I've chased chukars and helped with a sheep tag in that country. Very neat country.

So wish I worked in country like that.

Very nice, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for sheep. Hope to take my first sage grouse out of there this year.

Back