Flatlander wandering around Idaho

IdahoPotato

Hey everyone. I'm a Midwest transplant now in Southwest Idaho. I found this place that seems like a bunch of like minded folks. Looking to learn everything public land hunting, conservation, and advocacy. Coming from a private land state, the amount of public land I wake up to every day blows my mind. I work in the cattle industry, and I believe public land users and cattle folks need to do a lot more talking for the benefit of the lands we all love. Looking forward to getting to know some of you. Here is a picture of my corner of the world - the Bruneau canyon ripping through the sagebrush sea.IMG_20180115_145027_027.jpg

"Coming from a private land state, the amount of public land I wake up to every day blows my mind.
Lot of us fortunate transplants can relate.
"I work in the cattle industry, and I believe public land users and cattle folks need to do a lot more talking for the benefit of the lands we all love."
Words equaling the great opening picture.

Welcome to Idaho. You are in a beautifully harsh area.
If that's the jarbidge mtns in the background I might have been to that same spot.

Welcome aboard! I was born in Caldwell, my family was in cattle and farming near Adrian Oregon, now I farm in eastern Washington. Great photo you shared.

Welcome! I've chased chukars and helped with a sheep tag in that country. Very neat country.

So wish I worked in country like that.

"Road" It has no dirt, you are either driving in a mud hole or over volleyball size volcanic rock.
Are you the ones who run cattle on the JP?

Not me, maybe Tindall? I stick behind a desk and visit that country for fun rather than work.

Welcome! I've chased chukars and helped with a sheep tag in that country. Very neat country.

So wish I worked in country like that.

Very nice, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for sheep. Hope to take my first sage grouse out of there this year.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back