Step back, here comes stupid!

Neighwp

So, no luck in Wy. Arizona I doubt will happen(Slim Odds). I'm thinking about New Mexico for a unit with 10%-20% odds. IF I don't draw that, should I be able to buy a left over Montana tag and hunt their season in Sept? I don't care about combo this or that. I just want a tag that will let me chase a bull in Sept as it relates to the Montana tag. Or should I apply in Montana to guarantee the tag and then take the 80% return if I draw New Mexico??? Any advise on if this strategy can work is appreciated.

Ohhh ... I thought the thread title was something to the effect ... “What did the one elk say to the other elk?” Answer: Step back, here comes stupid!

To quote a very wise man, “Hunt when you can ... you’re going to run out of health before you run out of money.” So, if you have an opportunity to hunt, I would take it.

Who knows if there will be elk combination licenses left. Last year the big game (deer and elk) and deer combination licenses were all drawn with some people being left out. The elk combination licenses could suffer the same fate this year. I would apply if you really want to hunt this year. If you draw NM then take the refund. Just my $.02

Thank you. I'll roll the dice and happily pay take the 80% refund if it means I'm hunting an elite NM unit at the end of the day. I guess that is one way to look at it.

Neighwp- I'm taking that same approach. Applying for MT elk combo and also putting in for a premium NM unit. I'll gladly take the 80% refund from MT because that means I'll be hunting an excellent unit in NM that is much closer to home (TX).

Back