PEAX Equipment

MT Antelope Unit if You Don't Really Want to Draw, 215-20?

El Serio

We still have quite a while before the Montana antelope applications are due, but I have a question. I am trying to build points (currently have 2), but I'm not in a hurry to draw this year. I have not done much research on Montana beyond reading the Eastmans' MRS. In the event I were to accidentally drew, I would want it to be a worthwhile tag. In my home state (UT) the worst draw odds and best pronghorn units are not necessarily the same ones. It seems that mediocre units close to large cities often have more applicants than better units that require a longer drive for most residents. In the past I have put in for 215-20 in this situation because it had the worst odds. My question is whether this is actually one of the best units, or just difficult to draw because it is close to a big city? What difficult to draw units might have better hunting?

You can apply for points only after Sept 1st if you don't want to draw. As for the best units, I have no idea lol

Thanks,

I was under the mistaken impression that I couldn't just buy a point. I will probably end up doing that.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back