Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How many states will you apply in for points/hunts this year?

How many states will you apply in for points/hunts this year?

• 1 State

Votes: 27 15.7%
  • 2 - 3 States

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • 4 - 5 States

Votes: 38 22.1%
  • 6 or More States

Votes: 53 30.8%

• Total voters
MT. I don't have the time to hit a few states. MT season is long enough.

Too often family events, etc take priority.

I'm beginning to understand the extent and source of point creep. Those are some serious annual investments. I'm beginning to wonder if I can afford to stay in this game, or if I should find another, cheaper, activity - like golf or racing cars.

MN - Bear
IA - Deer
CO- Elk, deer, sheep, goat, pronghorn, moose
MT- Elk, deer, goat, pronghorn, moose
WY- Elk, deer, pronghorn
KY- Elk
NH- Moose

Just WY for me. As a resident, I have so many opportunities for awesome hunts, I have little incentive to spend $ on NR fees and travel costs in other states.

Between my young boys and me... MT, WY, CO, UT, AZ, NM, OR, SD, NV plus an AK black bear app back in December. Yikes.

I'm beginning to understand the extent and source of point creep. Those are some serious annual investments. I'm beginning to wonder if I can afford to stay in this game, or if I should find another, cheaper, activity - like golf or racing cars.

I hear ya. A lot of these states have me pretty well priced out, and make it worse when they require the tag fee up front.
My plan is to try and have a go-to place/hunt to hit for 2-3 years, then hopefully mix in a bit of a bigger destination hunt in between

Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, North Dakota,
Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Plus a few raffles in various states

Same as others ~40 apps in ~10 states for 20+ years. Too many, I wish I'd not gotten involved with some bad values like OR. Fitz I definitely agree with Lopehunter. Fugetabout WA, CA & OR horrible values. It's a shame some states that were good values for NR's 20 years ago have sadly sold out to special interests and evolved into money generating schemes (UT, OR, ME to name a few). Many things are changing. HF will kill Iowa waits in the coming years. I was stunned to see so many western plates in the public lots last year. Colorado, Arizona, Texas & California to name a few. Never seen that in 25 years hunting there.

NM, UT, NV, WY, CO. ID resident but won't chase mulies here till they rebound a little more. wish IDFG wouldn't allow 2nd buck tags for a few years to get some age classes back!

I apply in Ca,Az,Nv,Ut,Co,Wy,Id,NM,Ia
Should be Hunting 3 of those possibly 4 this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back