Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

I'm on the highway to...

Like the above McMillans, but other options for a high end fiberglass stock for the a Ruger MKII include MPI, Brown Precision, as well as OEM stocks can be had from Brownells. Unfortunately, there's not real way to get a MKII super light. I've looked. That said, a good fiberglass stocked MKII is about as rugged a rifle as one can hope for.

Good luck with it! i too have a Browning X-bolt, but in 30-06. it is the lightest of my rifles, it is also unbelievably accurate. Hope your new rifle serves you well.

I've handled the Hells Canyon. In impressed with the feel and function,at the gun counter anyway. Been wanting to try a 26 Nosler in the worst way,and this might be the best option. Looking forward to another report with better conditions. The Barnes ammo looks promising. If I don't draw a mulie tag this year,Ill console myself with a new rig. Liking this one.

Got another range visit in yesterday with much better conditions. Shooting from a knock-off Atlas bipod with a rear bag I was making repeated hits on a 12x20" steel silhouette at 600 yards with Hornady Precision Hunter, so I called that good to go and ordered 8 boxes of it.

Swapped some scopes around in preparation for taking the Hell's Canyon to AZ for Coues deer. Now there's a 4-16x44 Vortex Viper HS-LR on top, primarily for the exposed elevation turret and zero stop which the HS lacks both of. I also added an anti-cant level too just to try and minimize all room for error if I get a shot.

IMG_4010-Edit by charliebravo77, on Flickr

IMG_4007 by charliebravo77, on Flickr

The Precision Hunter loads are grouping pretty nicely at 100 yards as long as I let the barrel cool off between shots.

20180904_152210 by charliebravo77, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back