WY results

Holy smokes!!!
Good luck guys.

We’ll need it, 4 of us are late 30’s/early 40’s (myself and two brothers) along with a close friend. Our father will be 71 and friends dads is mid 70’s. Should be a great hunt either way. Did a lot of research ahead of time with more to do but feel like we have realistic expectations going in. Gonna be a very busy Sept/Oct this fall 😁

I know of a few big bulls in area 19: 42.850338, -106.274072

JTM307, That's on my radar..

I'll admit, it's a little hard to read this, since I will not be doing any elk hunting next year. But, congrats to all who drew. Hopefully you'll all share stories in a year!

Guess I’m in with a type 9 hunt! Bitter sweet feeling burning a decades worth of PP’s.... I know a bunch of people with a lot of points that switched gears and tried drawing this year... will be curious to see what happens with odds the next few years... time to review my gear!!!

Anyone notice if the price increase had a significant effect on the number of people that put in for the special draw versus the regular draw?

Anyone notice if the price increase had a significant effect on the number of people that put in for the special draw versus the regular draw?

The number of people putting in for the Wyoming special elk draw was up 4.8% from last year while the number of people putting in for the regular draw was up 0.7%.

ClearCreek

The number of people putting in for the Wyoming special elk draw was up 4.8% from last year while the number of people putting in for the regular draw was up 0.7%.

ClearCreek

Good information to see. I wonder if those were applicants who had been buying points for many years and decided to cash them out. And if so, will we see a drop next year once people have burned points.

Good information to see. I wonder if those were applicants who had been buying points for many years and decided to cash them out. And if so, will we see a drop next year once people have burned points.
I decided to cash out 9 points.
I won’t drop out completely but likely will just build 2-4 and draw again...not play the pipe dream of drawing a top shelf hunt ever again in my life, thank heaven.

ClearCreek

Interesting! I would've guessed that it had gone in the other direction, less special apps because more money. It makes a lot of sense though that lots are trying to pull the trigger to offload their points.

I wonder if the same will happen in the deer and antelope draw?

Interesting! I would've guessed that it had gone in the other direction, less special apps because more money. It makes a lot of sense though that lots are trying to pull the trigger to offload their points.

I wonder if the same will happen in the deer and antelope draw?
In the unit I applied there were 4 less people in the special and 6 more in the regular.

It will be really interesting to see how the next couple of years/draws play out for sure.... Almost everyone I knew personally that was building points in WY at least actively tried to draw a tag this year... Seems like a common feeling was just a realization that states can and do change rules at any given time, prices never go down, game populations can unexpectedly fluctuate and impact tag numbers, clearer views on 'limitations' on what some of us can expect to draw in a reasonable amount of time in the PP draws, etc. AND we're all another year older ha ha....

I'd be real surprised if general and western LE elk unit apps don't spike big when CWD starts showing up in feedgrounds and that news makes the rounds, which I expect will be sooner than later.

This was the first year we have ever applied in Wyoming, and we just applied for the general tag in the regular draw and drew with zero points. Sound like we were pretty lucky.

Back