broad head problem

I've never had fixed blade BH's shoot exactly the same as field tips. I've always heard people say this, and I believe it, it's just never been my experience. Just tune the bow as best as possible and adjust your sights. I always chalked this effect up to - BH's fly a little different from field tips simply because they are different from field tips. As long as your arrow flight is not showing any problems, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've never had fixed blade BH's shoot exactly the same as field tips. I've always heard people say this, and I believe it, it's just never been my experience. Just tune the bow as best as possible and adjust your sights. I always chalked this effect up to - BH's fly a little different from field tips simply because they are different from field tips. As long as your arrow flight is not showing any problems, I wouldn't worry about it.

This could be a form issue too. I have heard from people I trust there is an occasional bow you can't achieve this with. With three different bows, of different make and range of quality, different rests on each, and different arrows from each, I've been able to do it with every one. At extreme differences you will see a change in POI, but under 70 they should hit right with each other. Minor variances/flaws in shooting form are usually pretty easy to flesh out with BH shooting.

I shoot Ramcats and the things shoot identical to field points out to about 50 yards. Worth a try if you don't feel like pissing around with tuning.

If a bow is tuned correctly, and you have the proper spined arrows and form, your broad heads will group with your field points. I always start with paper tuning and make sure my form is correct, ive never had to take it past that. If your FOC is low, that can also affect broad head flight because it allows your broad to steer the arrow more than lead the arrow and be steered by the vanes. Quality of heads can also have some effect, I shot slick tricks for years and they were good but i felt they were very picky about my form, i recently switched to magnus buzzcuts and magnus black hornets and i can shoot them out to 70 yards and see no flight difference from my field points.

I should say these carbon arrows are being shot from a different bow and the spine is correct . tried 3 different broad heads and all shoot about 3 inch to the right of field tips.

Lots of possible ideas thrown out here but this post leads me to believe your bow needs a little more fine tuning. Your arrow probably has a slight kick allowing the broad head to grab air and steer it off course. That is assuming ALL broad heads, tried on multiple arrows, are missing to the same spot. Depending on what bow you have there are different ways to try and tune it up. If you have a yoke it could be as simple as adding a twist to one side and removing one from other, assuming center shot is correct.

Google broadhead tuning.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back